Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Have you followed those recommendations? If so, have they worked at all?

I have her at 3 cups per day of food. split between 2-3 meals. Poop is getting better. kinda like soft serve ice cream. I have been adding some 100% pumpkin.

Many puppy foods contain more than one protein...that's a good thing, that will likely help allergy-wise. Try some different protein puppy foods WITHOUT adding chicken.

Ordering some FROMM puppy food today

I was under the impression that you were asking about Pebbles only and not your other dogs. Since Pebbles has likely only been with you for 2 months there's no possible way to adequately try "everything from raw to EVERY dog food available". Am I to understand that you are asking for advice to find a single food that will accommodate "all of the above". If so, I think that's not likely to happen.

Yes meant other dogs, just referring to the chicken I grill for them.

IMO, until Pebbles is sorted out digestive-wise, my advice is to feed a high quality grain-free/chicken free puppy food without the addition of chicken and/or any supplements. Try a food for at least 2 weeks before you admit defeat and move on to another food. Once you find something that works and once her digestive tract has settled, then you might consider adding supplements...one at a time. GL.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen a dog so obsessed with food

How are the ingredients in this FROMM Food?

Fromm Heartland Gold Grain-Free Puppy Dry Dog Food
Ingredients
Beef, Pork Meat Meal, Peas, Lentils, Chickpeas, Potatoes, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Tomato Pomace, Pork Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Salmon Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Pork Liver, Flaxseed, Pea Flour, Cheese, Lamb, Brewers Dried Yeast, Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Carrots, Lettuce, Celery, Salt, Dl-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins [Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin], Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate], Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici Fermentation Product.

Guaranteed Analysis
CRUDE PROTEIN 27.0% min
CRUDE FAT 18.0% min
CRUDE FIBER 6.0% max
CRUDE MOISTURE 10.0% max
OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS 0.6% min
OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS 2.6% min

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

I like
Run with it for a few weeks and see what happens.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you followed those recommendations? If so, have they worked at all?

I have her at 3 cups per day of food. split between 2-3 meals. Poop is getting better. kinda like soft serve ice cream. I have been adding some 100% pumpkin.

Many puppy foods contain more than one protein...that's a good thing, that will likely help allergy-wise. Try some different protein puppy foods WITHOUT adding chicken.

Ordering some FROMM puppy food today

I was under the impression that you were asking about Pebbles only and not your other dogs. Since Pebbles has likely only been with you for 2 months there's no possible way to adequately try "everything from raw to EVERY dog food available". Am I to understand that you are asking for advice to find a single food that will accommodate "all of the above". If so, I think that's not likely to happen.

Yes meant other dogs, just referring to the chicken I grill for them.

IMO, until Pebbles is sorted out digestive-wise, my advice is to feed a high quality grain-free/chicken free puppy food without the addition of chicken and/or any supplements. Try a food for at least 2 weeks before you admit defeat and move on to another food. Once you find something that works and once her digestive tract has settled, then you might consider adding supplements...one at a time. GL.

I have never seen a dog so obsessed with food

Ingredients
Beef, Pork Meat Meal, Peas, Lentils, Chickpeas, Potatoes, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Tomato Pomace, Pork Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Salmon Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Pork Liver, Flaxseed, Pea Flour, Cheese, Lamb, Brewers Dried Yeast, Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Carrots, Lettuce, Celery, Salt, Dl-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins [Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin], Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate], Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici Fermentation Product.

Guaranteed Analysis
CRUDE PROTEIN 27.0% min
CRUDE FAT 18.0% min
CRUDE FIBER 6.0% max
CRUDE MOISTURE 10.0% max
OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS 0.6% min
OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS 2.6% min[/QUOTE]

That is what I used for Lambeau and he did great on it

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks everyone,

I appreciate your help. Feel like I am starting all over with dog knowledge. First 16yrs with Shar Peis. now Bulldogs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
"I have never seen a dog so obsessed with food"

You should see my son's 2 pitbulls. One of them is like over obsesse with food.

Orijen for puppies is very rich in calories. If you dog eats poop the dog needs a high rich kibble. I would, like suggested above, give an enzyme. I was walking Nyala in the dog park and this GS was eating dog poop everywhere he could find. Lady was calling him but he was too busy eating poop. She couldn't see what he was doing. But I sure did. I yelled back..." he's busy eating dog poop". When I got closer to her she said hes been eating poop cause hes vegan! He has allergies. :facepalm: so there, get a proper kibble.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
That's great to hear Andy. Give Pebbles a hug from us EBN folks. And keep us posted and post more pics of the little lady when you can.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
One more question. Dogs have a dog door & go out at will. She spends a lot of time in the back yard exploring & she pees & poops when she wants & goes in & out the door.

She will be 6 months old march 2nd. She has been peeing in the house. Just about every night sometime after we are all asleep. I sometimes hear her go thru the dog door at night but I have been waking up to a puddle in the living room which is halfway between my bedroom & the dog door.

I have started picking up the water bowl around 7pm, but just about every night this is happening. SHE KNOWS she did bad. When we ask her if she pottied in the house, i can see the look on her face that she knows she did wrong... Never had this problem with other dogs at this age.

Any ideas??

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
One more question. Dogs have a dog door & go out at will. She spends a lot of time in the back yard exploring & she pees & poops when she wants & goes in & out the door.

She will be 6 months old march 2nd. She has been peeing in the house. Just about every night sometime after we are all asleep. I sometimes hear her go thru the dog door at night but I have been waking up to a puddle in the living room which is halfway between my bedroom & the dog door.

I have started picking up the water bowl around 7pm, but just about every night this is happening. SHE KNOWS she did bad. When we ask her if she pottied in the house, i can see the look on her face that she knows she did wrong... Never had this problem with other dogs at this age.

Any ideas??

Hey there, I would check with your vet to make sure she doesn't have a UTI, being that its in between the areas it seems she is headed that way and possibly can't hold it. Poor baby.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.