Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Puppy eating poop

Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    How about this one?

Dry & canned or just dry food?

FROMM
    Heartland Gold Puppy
    That is what i fed Lambeau.. just dry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Not that easy.
    By "easy" I meant easy with a little bit of effort on you and your wife's part. Forget the doggie door for your Bully puppy and do like we do with our 3 Bullies + as many as 3 rescues. Walk her on a lead...until she "gets it".

YES Vet told me to reduce food by 25%
    Have you followed those recommendations? If so, have they worked at all?

Chicken? Bulldogs not good with chicken?
    Yes, Chicken. I'm not telling you that your Bully is allergic to chicken. I'm suggesting that she might not be tolerating it very well because, as you alluded to, she's having digestive issues. The common denominator seems to be the chicken...either the chicken protein in the food or the added protein in the chicken with which you supplement that food. By the way, your Bulldog does NOT require that extra protein in the kibble you've been feeding...it's simply too much. I might also suggest that feeding too much will prevent the digestive tract from doing it's job properly and the food is just blasting on through her and that = loose stool. It's too much for her digestive tract to process.

Many puppy foods contain more than one protein...that's a good thing, that will likely help allergy-wise. Try some different protein puppy foods WITHOUT adding chicken.

I have tried everything from raw to EVERY dog food available & I threw away more food than my dogs ate.
    I was under the impression that you were asking about Pebbles only and not your other dogs. Since Pebbles has likely only been with you for 2 months there's no possible way to adequately try "everything from raw to EVERY dog food available". Am I to understand that you are asking for advice to find a single food that will accommodate "all of the above". If so, I think that's not likely to happen.

IMO, until Pebbles is sorted out digestive-wise, my advice is to feed a high quality grain-free/chicken free puppy food without the addition of chicken and/or any supplements. Try a food for at least 2 weeks before you admit defeat and move on to another food. Once you find something that works and once her digestive tract has settled, then you might consider adding supplements...one at a time. GL.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

3. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

What ever food you deside to go with, what your pup needs the most is digestive enzymes. That is why she is eating poo. Poo has gone through the digestive system and has those enzymes. Processed dog foods don't have any enzymes, so she needs them from raw or uncooked food. There are supplements as well, but they're never as good as the real live stuff. Tripe is great and probiotics from fresh sauerkraut. You can add those with her kbble. If you rather supplement then just google digestive enzymes for dogs and go animal rather than vegetable based.

5. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Walker Become a 4 Paw Member Andy T's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pebbles
    Likes (Received)

I have her at 3 cups per day of food. split between 2-3 meals. Poop is getting better. kinda like soft serve ice cream. I have been adding some 100% pumpkin.

Many puppy foods contain more than one protein...that's a good thing, that will likely help allergy-wise. Try some different protein puppy foods WITHOUT adding chicken.

Ordering some FROMM puppy food today

I was under the impression that you were asking about Pebbles only and not your other dogs. Since Pebbles has likely only been with you for 2 months there's no possible way to adequately try "everything from raw to EVERY dog food available". Am I to understand that you are asking for advice to find a single food that will accommodate "all of the above". If so, I think that's not likely to happen.

Yes meant other dogs, just referring to the chicken I grill for them.

IMO, until Pebbles is sorted out digestive-wise, my advice is to feed a high quality grain-free/chicken free puppy food without the addition of chicken and/or any supplements. Try a food for at least 2 weeks before you admit defeat and move on to another food. Once you find something that works and once her digestive tract has settled, then you might consider adding supplements...one at a time. GL.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen a dog so obsessed with food

How are the ingredients in this FROMM Food?

Fromm Heartland Gold Grain-Free Puppy Dry Dog Food
    Ingredients
    Beef, Pork Meat Meal, Peas, Lentils, Chickpeas, Potatoes, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Tomato Pomace, Pork Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Salmon Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Pork Liver, Flaxseed, Pea Flour, Cheese, Lamb, Brewers Dried Yeast, Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Carrots, Lettuce, Celery, Salt, Dl-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins [Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin], Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate], Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici Fermentation Product.

Guaranteed Analysis
    CRUDE PROTEIN 27.0% min
    CRUDE FAT 18.0% min
    CRUDE FIBER 6.0% max
    CRUDE MOISTURE 10.0% max
    OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS 0.6% min
    OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS 2.6% min

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I like
    Run with it for a few weeks and see what happens.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I have her at 3 cups per day of food. split between 2-3 meals. Poop is getting better. kinda like soft serve ice cream. I have been adding some 100% pumpkin.

Ordering some FROMM puppy food today

Yes meant other dogs, just referring to the chicken I grill for them.

IMO, until Pebbles is sorted out digestive-wise, my advice is to feed a high quality grain-free/chicken free puppy food without the addition of chicken and/or any supplements. Try a food for at least 2 weeks before you admit defeat and move on to another food. Once you find something that works and once her digestive tract has settled, then you might consider adding supplements...one at a time. GL.

I have never seen a dog so obsessed with food

Ingredients
    Beef, Pork Meat Meal, Peas, Lentils, Chickpeas, Potatoes, Dried Whole Egg, Dried Tomato Pomace, Pork Fat (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Salmon Oil (Preserved With Mixed Tocopherols), Pork Liver, Flaxseed, Pea Flour, Cheese, Lamb, Brewers Dried Yeast, Alfalfa Meal, Potassium Chloride, Carrots, Lettuce, Celery, Salt, Dl-Methionine, L-Tryptophan, Taurine, Chicory Root Extract, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Sodium Selenite, Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Vitamins [Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Choline Bitartrate, Niacin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Riboflavin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin], Minerals [Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Cobalt Proteinate], Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Fermentation Product, Dried Pediococcus Acidilactici Fermentation Product.

Guaranteed Analysis
    CRUDE PROTEIN 27.0% min
    CRUDE FAT 18.0% min
    CRUDE FIBER 6.0% max
    CRUDE MOISTURE 10.0% max
    OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS 0.6% min
    OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS 2.6% min[/QUOTE]

That is what I used for Lambeau and he did great on it
    e.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pebbles
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone,

I appreciate your help. Feel like I am starting all over with dog knowledge. First 16yrs with Shar Peis. now Bulldogs.

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

...now Bulldogs.
    How lucky you are!

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

"I have never seen a dog so obsessed with food"

You should see my son's 2 pitbulls. One of them is like over obsesse with food.

Orijen for puppies is very rich in calories. If you dog eats poop the dog needs a high rich kibble. I would, like suggested above, give an enzyme. I was walking Nyala in the dog park and this GS was eating dog poop everywhere he could find. Lady was calling him but he was too busy eating poop. She couldn't see what he was doing. But I sure did. I yelled back..." he's busy eating dog poop". When I got closer to her she said hes been eating poop cause hes vegan! He has allergies. so there, get a proper kibble.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pebbles
    Likes (Received)

WE HAVE ACHIEVED FIRM POOP!!!

Thanks everyone!

16. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer, MFrey2012 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

WE HAVE ACHIEVED FIRM POOP!!!

Thanks everyone!
    AWESOME!!!
    e.

Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That's great to hear Andy. Give Pebbles a hug from us EBN folks. And keep us posted and post more pics of the little lady when you can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads