Harness

BisouBisou

Nov 13, 2016
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bisou
Bisou will be receiving his last round of vaccinations next week and will begin his training classes the following week. we dont want to use a collar to walk him and are leaning towards a harness. any recommendations on what types work best for our baby bully 🐕🐶

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
They grow quickly so don't buy anything you cannot replace as he needs a bigger one! It needs to fit him nicely but also be soft (padded) so that it doesn't irritate his skin and above all easy to put on!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I used the puppia harness at first and now i use julius k9. It's nice because it has a handle for steering.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They grow quickly so don't buy anything you cannot replace as he needs a bigger one! It needs to fit him nicely but also be soft (padded) so that it doesn't irritate his skin and above all easy to put on!

agreed!

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I like this particular one - https://www.amazon.com/Ruffwear-All-Day-Adventure-Harness-Campfire/dp/B00LHY0FEY/ref=pd_sbs_199_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00LHY0FEY&pd_rd_r=4VW7ASVVTEZQM120BQ90&pd_rd_w=7N3wG&pd_rd_wg=reHzY&psc=1&refRID=4VW7ASVVTEZQM120BQ90

A Medium fits my Dozer now (he is 19" tall at the shoulder / 51 lbs. @ 9 months), he had an X-Small at first of the same that worked great too. Very easy to put on and take off; my wife found a Kurgo model at TJ Maxx that worked for a few months in between the use of the two Ruffwear models, they both make very good products in my personal experience. Both of these companies also have excellent CS and stand behind what they make.

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
I used the puppia harness at first and now i use julius k9. It's nice because it has a handle for steering.

Same here. I like the Julius K9 as the front strap sits lower on the chest rather than on his neck, as he pulls like a freight train!!
They are a little on the expensive side though, at 22 weeks Reggie is just about to grow out of the 'mini' size, but the next size up is adjustable to a wide degree so should last longer :)

When he was a small pup we got a no brand one from the pet shop. It was one of those where he had to step his front legs through - he hated it with a passion!

Members online

No members online now.