This really got my heart pumping...........

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm laying on the couch reading a book and Orion is laying between my legs. She starts to do the "I'm gonna puke" sounds...so I quickly try to get her off the couch and into the kitchen where whatever happens..will be easier to clean up. Except I'm under the blanket and she's ontop of the blanket. I can't move my hip outwards to slide off the couch because currently I'm 1) in 2 arm braces 2) have a pulled groin muscle. (yes, I'm under strick orders to NOT return to kickboxing until I heal from my last 2 incidents) Anyways...I finally get out from under the web of blanket and pick Orion up and carry her to the kitchen. I set her on the floor and she is still doing the heaving. She literally falls over. Not a "legs give out" fall over...she stiff-legged fell over sideways. :eek: I pick her up and stand her back up only to have her fall over again. So again, I upright her. By this time she's stopped heaving. And she's fine. She never did throw up. WTH?

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Oh my, that is weird and scary... I would have freaked. I'm glad she's OK

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Whoa how scary!!! What was that all about??? I sure am glad she is okay!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh no, hopefully everything's ok. Never heard of legs stiffening before.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
All I can think of is she heaved so much she didn't get enough O2 in her, but that only explains and falling down, not the locked limbs. I am glad she is fine. I hope you are after that scramble out of the blanket.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hyperventilated?? :confused: with all the heavy breathing/heaving, and excitement to get her to the kitchen....just a guess....I hope she is ok today, but I would be worried as well and call my vet in the morning.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm not sure what it was. She def seemed on the verge of :barf:, the whole stomach rolling and all...........I'm sure she was tensed up in preparation of :barf: but it never happened. In fact, she was absolutely fine. She decided she wanted dinner...and ran to her bowl, sat down and cocked her head at me. She ate with her usual gusto then she trotted over and layed down for her after dinner nap. It was just very very odd the way she fell over. Also, I've never had a dog do the :barf: sound and never produce any :barf:!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That sounds very strange ... but I HAVE had dogs do the dry-heaving bit and not actually :barf:. It's happened quite a bit over the years with my many assortment of dogs. It's the stiff-legged and falling over sideways that would have freaked me out.

How is she today??

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
hmmmm that happened to spike once he was acting like he was going to throw up it took him a bit he threw up then fell over sideways w his legs all stiff as well. i tried to pick him up b/c he landed on his throw up but he was all dead weight. i finally got him up and he was fine after that i freaked out as well b/c that never happened before he then ate his food and then went to lay down. hopefully O is ok now.... :]

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
All I can think of is she heaved so much she didn't get enough O2 in her, but that only explains and falling down, not the locked limbs. I am glad she is fine. I hope you are after that scramble out of the blanket.

Thats what it sounds like to me also. Something similar just happened to a friend's bully. Im glad she is ok! :)

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
She's as feisty as ever.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Gosh that is scary. Sounds similar to what happened to Bear when he was smaller, but he was drinking water. Maybe she had to throw up and all that activity in her body caused her not to get enough oxygen, thats what the vet told me when it happened to Bear because of their skull/respiratory system.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.