Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do with your dog when you're sick?

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daphne
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What do you do with your dog when you're sick?

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne DuMaurier View Post
    I was raised in Ontario. I graduated from Collingwood Collegiate Institute. I lived in Collingwood on Georgian Bay, then Wasaga Beach and finally in Niagara on the Lake. My dad lives in NOTL, one brother in Toronto and one in New Jersey. I moved back to the states for university and have remained here. We have friends from Ottawa arriving Friday. So in reality, we love snowbirds.

Daphne,my most beloved Bully Girly, is named after Daphne DuMaurier, the English author from Cornwall, not the Canadian cigarettes (do they still have those?)

It's nice to meet you here. My name is Dana. And, no apology was necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne DuMaurier View Post
    I was raised in Ontario. I graduated from Collingwood Collegiate Institute. I lived in Collingwood on Georgian Bay, then Wasaga Beach and finally in Niagara on the Lake. My dad lives in NOTL, one brother in Toronto and one in New Jersey. I moved back to the states for university and have remained here. We have friends from Ottawa arriving Friday. So in reality, we love snowbirds.

Daphne,my most beloved Bully Girly, is named after Daphne DuMaurier, the English author from Cornwall, not the Canadian cigarettes (do they still have those?)

It's nice to meet you here. And, no apology was necessary.

Ohhhh love Niagara on the Lake. What a beautiful place. Was looking into buying a B&B many years ago in that area. Shouldn't have listen to the husband back then! I would be laughing to the bank by now. Lol. Yes they still have them smokes. Big red pack.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Real Name
    Em
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    BE VERY CAREFUL with him. When we first got Ruthie, she had Campylobacter, we had no clue, she was just at the vet since we rescued her and my husband got it. He was in the hospital for a few days. It was awful. He was in a ton of pain because of the gas build up in his chest cavity. I wouldn't wish it on anyone just seeing what he went through. I hope no one gets it in your home.
    Fingers crossed, we are being very careful with hygeine.
    I think Reggie had it from when we first got him too. The breeder used to feed them a mix of kibble & raw chicken, and the day before we picked him up he was ill. Her vet said it was just a tummy bug though, and he could come to us as long as we were aware of it.
    He was at the vet last week and they told us it was gastroenteritis and gave him Metrobactin anti-biotics. It was only because we specifically requested a fecal test that we found out what it was.
    Of course Metrobactin isn't effective against Campylobacter so he now has to have a different course of drugs
    @JennieS Sorry to hear your husband was so ill with it, glad its all ok now though. Did you find out thats what she had because your husband got sick?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggies Parents View Post
    Fingers crossed, we are being very careful with hygeine.
    I think Reggie had it from when we first got him too. The breeder used to feed them a mix of kibble & raw chicken, and the day before we picked him up he was ill. Her vet said it was just a tummy bug though, and he could come to us as long as we were aware of it.
    He was at the vet last week and they told us it was gastroenteritis and gave him Metrobactin anti-biotics. It was only because we specifically requested a fecal test that we found out what it was.
    Of course Metrobactin isn't effective against Campylobacter so he now has to have a different course of drugs
    @JennieS Sorry to hear your husband was so ill with it, glad its all ok now though. Did you find out thats what she had because your husband got sick?
    Yep, the hospital couldn't figure it out either. They released him once he was a little better and a week later he got a call from the health department telling him what he had. It was nuts. I hope he feels better and you stay healthy!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Chunky White View Post
    I tried chewing his femur and he bit back.

I talked to my boss last night and the guy who ate lunch with me monday at one of the cafeterias inside the plant we work at was out yesterday also so I guess it was the food. I know where I wont be eating anymore. Right now all I am eating is chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers, ginger ale and gatorade. I will stop and get some vitamin c on the way home from work.

Certainly hoping that you are feeling a bit better by now!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Certainly hoping that you are feeling a bit better by now!
    Thanks Lynn, I am feeling well now

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads