Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Default Top 20 worst dry Dog Foods

Top 20 Worst Dry Dog Food Brands For 2017 - The Dog Digest

Every time I go to the supermarket and see someone walking out with a bag of Kibbles & Bits or Beneful, it just makes me ill.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Top 20 worst dry Dog Foods

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post

Every time I go to the supermarket and see someone walking out with a bag of Kibbles & Bits or Beneful, it just makes me ill.
    Right there with you... want to go tell them not to buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

3. Likes rjisaterp, Old School Dropout liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post

Maybe it is what they can afford. It is also about education as well.

Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This reminds me of when I was a Private in the Army and my wife and I were in the checkout line. The Sergeant in the checkout line next to us had a bunch of steaks in his grocery cart. My wife knows how much I like steak and she looked at our basket which had ground beef. She then looked over at the steaks then at me and I said to her, "it sure is a shame that Sergeant can't afford to have his cut up like ours. The End.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the awesome article. A friend of mine has 4 dogs a Blue Heeler, a Jug, and two Shitzu crosses. She asked me one day how much I spent a month on Dozer and Blossoms dog food. I told her what I spent on Fromms, and she freaked. She said OMG, I have 4 dogs and I only spend $20 a month to feed all 4. I freaked and asked her what she fed her dogs.
    She feeds them Ole Roy from Walmart. I tried to tell her it was one of the worst foods you could buy, and that it rated less than a 1 Star, and was full of fillers. She says she has fed her dogs this their whole lives, and that they are all healthy. Her dogs are older, but two of them have no teeth. They also don't get vaccinated, she says she doesn't believe in it, they don't see the vet very often, and she does everything holistically using a book she has. She won't listen to me, and says her dogs are healthy, and that I spend too much on my guys food, and that I give them too many supplements. I know that the food she feeds is not a healthy choice and I will continue to feed my guys the better food.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

7. Likes rjisaterp, Old School Dropout liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, Pam...it is in the education that people do better for themselves
    and their pets.

Veterinarians & human Doctors do not get educated about the importance of
    whole, nutritious foods in staying healthy & the healing power of food when ill.
    It's shocking but true, our medical paradigm is based on treating illness not in
    prevention.

Only when I was diagnosed with auto-immune disease did I learn this, was on
    a basket of medicines that were expensive, had their own side effects and did
    nothing to help my illnesses and I continued to go downhill. After researching
    & learning about REAL foods (no processed or fast foods) did I start feeling better
    and able to get off almost all my pills. Today, I am on ONE prescription only (a
    pain reliever for nerve pain) and am on OTC (over the counter) NSAIDS for anti-
    inflammatory relief. Have been able to cut way back of daily doses of those.

Can only hope the information spreads and people get interested in the best quality
    of whole foods to feed their families and their pets.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Thank you, Pam...it is in the education that people do better for themselves
    and their pets.

Veterinarians & human Doctors do not get educated about the importance of
    whole, nutritious foods in staying healthy & the healing power of food when ill.
    It's shocking but true, our medical paradigm is based on treating illness not in
    prevention.

Only when I was diagnosed with auto-immune disease did I learn this, was on
    a basket of medicines that were expensive, had their own side effects and did
    nothing to help my illnesses and I continued to go downhill. After researching
    & learning about REAL foods (no processed or fast foods) did I start feeling better
    and able to get off almost all my pills. Today, I am on ONE prescription only (a
    pain reliever for nerve pain) and am on OTC (over the counter) NSAIDS for anti-
    inflammatory relief. Have been able to cut way back of daily doses of those.

Can only hope the information spreads and people get interested in the best quality
    of whole foods to feed their families and their pets.
    Absolutely true Carol. I agree with you 100%. You're so smart my friend.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

10. Likes rjisaterp, Texas Carol liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

@Texas Carol You are SO right about the vets lack of nutrition experience, I think that is why they are always pushing Science Diet and all the crap that those food reps bring to their clinics. Sad...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Thanks for the awesome article. A friend of mine has 4 dogs a Blue Heeler, a Jug, and two Shitzu crosses. She asked me one day how much I spent a month on Dozer and Blossoms dog food. I told her what I spent on Fromms, and she freaked. She said OMG, I have 4 dogs and I only spend $20 a month to feed all 4. I freaked and asked her what she fed her dogs.
    She feeds them Ole Roy from Walmart. I tried to tell her it was one of the worst foods you could buy, and that it rated less than a 1 Star, and was full of fillers. She says she has fed her dogs this their whole lives, and that they are all healthy. Her dogs are older, but two of them have no teeth. They also don't get vaccinated, she says she doesn't believe in it, they don't see the vet very often, and she does everything holistically using a book she has. She won't listen to me, and says her dogs are healthy, and that I spend too much on my guys food, and that I give them too many supplements. I know that the food she feeds is not a healthy choice and I will continue to feed my guys the better food.
    I certainly understand that the cost of food can be an issue but when people don't want to understand the importance of buying the best food they can afford, it is upsetting. I will admit that I was blissfully ignorant years ago and it wasn't until the likes of Iams and Eukanuba came along, touting that they were better that I began to pay attention. Then later, the whole premium food industry took off and we are where we are today, with some Iams and Eukanuba almost considered junk food! The supermarket bought foods have improved so with a bit of luck that will continue and even the 'Ol Roy's' will improve. One can only hope....
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

13. Likes Vikinggirl, rjisaterp, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Since Ol'Roy is Walmart's brand,I doubt if it will ever improve-they make too much profit with it!! It is one of the best selling foods here. But many of the dogs around here are lucky if they even get fed!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bully Bootie Duty Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Where I live a good percentage of the regular Walmart shoppers don't have most of their own teeth , guess you can't expect them to do better for their dogs than they do for themselves.

Don't you just love it when they try to give you advice...

16. Likes rjisaterp, 2BullyMama, 1Chumly liked this post
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Man oh man reading some of these posts is just disheartening. I guess that is why Uncle Bob Barker always wanted to control the pet population and have your pet spayed or neutered. It's a duggone shame.

18. Likes 2BullyMama, Old School Dropout liked this post

Remove Ads