Top 20 worst dry Dog Foods

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
This reminds me of when I was a Private in the Army and my wife and I were in the checkout line. The Sergeant in the checkout line next to us had a bunch of steaks in his grocery cart. My wife knows how much I like steak and she looked at our basket which had ground beef. She then looked over at the steaks then at me and I said to her, "it sure is a shame that Sergeant can't afford to have his cut up like ours. The End.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks for the awesome article. A friend of mine has 4 dogs a Blue Heeler, a Jug, and two Shitzu crosses. She asked me one day how much I spent a month on Dozer and Blossoms dog food. I told her what I spent on Fromms, and she freaked. She said OMG, I have 4 dogs and I only spend $20 a month to feed all 4. I freaked and asked her what she fed her dogs.
She feeds them Ole Roy from Walmart. I tried to tell her it was one of the worst foods you could buy, and that it rated less than a 1 Star, and was full of fillers. She says she has fed her dogs this their whole lives, and that they are all healthy. Her dogs are older, but two of them have no teeth. They also don't get vaccinated, she says she doesn't believe in it, they don't see the vet very often, and she does everything holistically using a book she has. She won't listen to me, and says her dogs are healthy, and that I spend too much on my guys food, and that I give them too many supplements. I know that the food she feeds is not a healthy choice and I will continue to feed my guys the better food.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, Pam...it is in the education that people do better for themselves
and their pets.

Veterinarians & human Doctors do not get educated about the importance of
whole, nutritious foods in staying healthy & the healing power of food when ill.
It's shocking but true, our medical paradigm is based on treating illness not in
prevention.

Only when I was diagnosed with auto-immune disease did I learn this, was on
a basket of medicines that were expensive, had their own side effects and did
nothing to help my illnesses and I continued to go downhill. After researching
& learning about REAL foods (no processed or fast foods) did I start feeling better
and able to get off almost all my pills. Today, I am on ONE prescription only (a
pain reliever for nerve pain) and am on OTC (over the counter) NSAIDS for anti-
inflammatory relief. Have been able to cut way back of daily doses of those.

Can only hope the information spreads and people get interested in the best quality
of whole foods to feed their families and their pets.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you, Pam...it is in the education that people do better for themselves
and their pets.

Veterinarians & human Doctors do not get educated about the importance of
whole, nutritious foods in staying healthy & the healing power of food when ill.
It's shocking but true, our medical paradigm is based on treating illness not in
prevention.

Only when I was diagnosed with auto-immune disease did I learn this, was on
a basket of medicines that were expensive, had their own side effects and did
nothing to help my illnesses and I continued to go downhill. After researching
& learning about REAL foods (no processed or fast foods) did I start feeling better
and able to get off almost all my pills. Today, I am on ONE prescription only (a
pain reliever for nerve pain) and am on OTC (over the counter) NSAIDS for anti-
inflammatory relief. Have been able to cut way back of daily doses of those.

Can only hope the information spreads and people get interested in the best quality
of whole foods to feed their families and their pets.

Absolutely true Carol. I agree with you 100%. You're so smart my friend.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] You are SO right about the vets lack of nutrition experience, I think that is why they are always pushing Science Diet and all the crap that those food reps bring to their clinics. Sad...

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Thanks for the awesome article. A friend of mine has 4 dogs a Blue Heeler, a Jug, and two Shitzu crosses. She asked me one day how much I spent a month on Dozer and Blossoms dog food. I told her what I spent on Fromms, and she freaked. She said OMG, I have 4 dogs and I only spend $20 a month to feed all 4. I freaked and asked her what she fed her dogs.
She feeds them Ole Roy from Walmart. I tried to tell her it was one of the worst foods you could buy, and that it rated less than a 1 Star, and was full of fillers. She says she has fed her dogs this their whole lives, and that they are all healthy. Her dogs are older, but two of them have no teeth. They also don't get vaccinated, she says she doesn't believe in it, they don't see the vet very often, and she does everything holistically using a book she has. She won't listen to me, and says her dogs are healthy, and that I spend too much on my guys food, and that I give them too many supplements. I know that the food she feeds is not a healthy choice and I will continue to feed my guys the better food.

I certainly understand that the cost of food can be an issue but when people don't want to understand the importance of buying the best food they can afford, it is upsetting. I will admit that I was blissfully ignorant years ago and it wasn't until the likes of Iams and Eukanuba came along, touting that they were better that I began to pay attention. Then later, the whole premium food industry took off and we are where we are today, with some Iams and Eukanuba almost considered junk food! The supermarket bought foods have improved so with a bit of luck that will continue and even the 'Ol Roy's' will improve. One can only hope....

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Since Ol'Roy is Walmart's brand,I doubt if it will ever improve-they make too much profit with it!! It is one of the best selling foods here. But many of the dogs around here are lucky if they even get fed!

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Where I live a good percentage of the regular Walmart shoppers don't have most of their own teeth :cookie: :weird::huh: :smoking:, guess you can't expect them to do better for their dogs than they do for themselves.

Don't you just love it when they try to give you advice... :facepalm:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Man oh man reading some of these posts is just disheartening. I guess that is why Uncle Bob Barker always wanted to control the pet population and have your pet spayed or neutered. It's a duggone shame.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.