Orvis dog bed question?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Only one has lasted more than a few months and he has left it alone other than clawing at it. He tore his original crate mat which was mad by Kong when he wasn't more than 3 months old. I just want another bed that he wont tear apart

I guess he is just telling me the couch is good enough and I let him sleep outside of his room when I am home. He goes in his room while I am gone though and sleeps in the crate on the bed he likes.

Now this might be a silly question, but does Chunky chew only on his own beds or does he chew on other stuff too? We might be extremely lucky in that Castor doesn't chew an anything, but on the other hand, his beds don't look as soft (and chewable) as the ones you linked to. He's got a plastic basket with a couple of fleece blankets in and a bed like this also with a blanket/duvet on. I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps Chunky should have a less chewable bed?

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Now this might be a silly question, but does Chunky chew only on his own beds or does he chew on other stuff too? We might be extremely lucky in that Castor doesn't chew an anything, but on the other hand, his beds don't look as soft (and chewable) as the ones you linked to. He's got a plastic basket with a couple of fleece blankets in and a bed like this also with a blanket/duvet on. I guess what I'm trying to say is that perhaps Chunky should have a less chewable bed?

Great point!!

He has chewed on other stuff also but beds he always chews on them and yes they are soft. He hasnt chewed any furniture though and thank god he hasnt

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
I have been buying Chunky K9Ballistics beds since he was a pup and only one has not been destroyed and its the one in his crate. Its not a crate mat just a regular 3 sided bed that happens to fit inside the crate. He tore the crate mat apart but after their warranty ran out. I purchased him another bed to sleep on when he is out of his room and he loved it and drug it around the house to sleep in different spots but still tore it apart and my warranty bed is on the way now.

We got a super deal on a regular size bed with foam memory mattress, we think a bully has to sprawl out and I don think there is much support in animal beds as far as what is good for arthritis and spine support We took bed off the frame so he doesn't have to jump he sprawls out and snores like a beast so we know he likes it, it is just a thought and you don't have to keep replacing the bed

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great point!!

He has chewed on other stuff also but beds he always chews on them and yes they are soft. He hasnt chewed any furniture though and thank god he hasnt

Wally likes to suckle his beds, so we have bought blankets for him to suck on. Problem is that then they decide to play tug-of-war w/them and the blanket gets destroyed... Lol

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Wally likes to suckle his beds, so we have bought blankets for him to suck on. Problem is that then they decide to play tug-of-war w/them and the blanket gets destroyed... Lol

Chunky is still using the original baby blanket that he was brought him with but has torn all the trim off of it. He tore another one apart

We play tug of war with his and I throw it over his head and watch him try and shake it off.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
I cant speak for the ToughChew, but I have the regular one of these from Orvis and its top quality. They not cheap but it has lasted couple years and is machine washable. The inside stuffing is also replaceable for a fraction of the cost.

Clintk

Jan 26, 2016
Orlando, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley
I tried a few different beds, my Marley seems to only like beds with a little bit of a "lip" to them for him to rest his head on. I bought this one for his 1st birthday in November and he loves it so far, it is also extremely well made. I have washed it a few times already and the material comes out perfectly clean along with being easy to take apart and put back together.

https://casper.com/dog-beds

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I tried a few different beds, my Marley seems to only like beds with a little bit of a "lip" to them for him to rest his head on. I bought this one for his 1st birthday in November and he loves it so far, it is also extremely well made. I have washed it a few times already and the material comes out perfectly clean along with being easy to take apart and put back together.

https://casper.com/dog-beds

That looks like a nice bed and I have never seen those before

And welcome to EBN

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
like beds with a little bit of a "lip" to them for him to rest his head on.

Come to think of it, Dooley always lays with his head up on something. Even when hes on the floor he will lay so just his head is on the rug. I wonder if he would like this with the lip. Keeps me from moving his bead back n forth every night.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.