Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have been buying Chunky K9Ballistics beds since he was a pup and only one has not been destroyed and its the one in his crate. Its not a crate mat just a regular 3 sided bed that happens to fit inside the crate. He tore the crate mat apart but after their warranty ran out. I purchased him another bed to sleep on when he is out of his room and he loved it and drug it around the house to sleep in different spots but still tore it apart and my warranty bed is on the way now.

Has anyone tried Orvis Toughchew dog beds which come with a money back guarantee if your dog destroys it? They are not cheap but if one would last for a few years or so it would be worth it.

ToughChew: Durable, Chew Proof & Indestructible Dog Beds | Orvis

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Never tried the Orvis Tough Chew bed but I'd like to know how it holds up if you elect to try it.

GL

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I buy the ones at Costco. Hurts less throwing out 40 $ bed than what I just saw $300 plus on that site

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have never tried one, curious to see how well it holds up.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I buy the ones at Costco. Hurts less throwing out 40 $ bed than what I just saw $300 plus on that site

Only one has lasted more than a few months and he has left it alone other than clawing at it. He tore his original crate mat which was mad by Kong when he wasn't more than 3 months old. I just want another bed that he wont tear apart

I guess he is just telling me the couch is good enough and I let him sleep outside of his room when I am home. He goes in his room while I am gone though and sleeps in the crate on the bed he likes.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am not buying another bed until I see how he does with the replacement bed K9Ballistics is sending

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Regardless of what he does, what you do, Chunky deserves the very best...just look at that face.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Regardless of what he does, what you do, Chunky deserves the very best...just look at that face.

Well said!!! :bravo:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White

$300 bed it is then!! :hifive:

I might order him one if he destroys another K9Ballistics bed. The problem with the K9Ballistics bed I bought is that it uses velcro to hold it together. It industrial strength velcro but Chunkster is more than able to get it apart then tear up the bedding. The people at K9Ballistics told me to use the old and new cover to keep him from tearing up the new bedding crisscrossing the velcro. I am going to put the velcro on opposite sides of the bed though and make it tougher.

The bed he tore up and is getting a replacement of
Round TUFF Bed - Chew Proof Dog Beds

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't believe that anything is "chew proof" if a BULLY wants to chew it!!:rolleyes:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
$300 bed it is then!! :hifive:

I might order him one if he destroys another K9Ballistics bed. The problem with the K9Ballistics bed I bought is that it uses velcro to hold it together. It industrial strength velcro but Chunkster is more than able to get it apart then tear up the bedding. The people at K9Ballistics told me to use the old and new cover to keep him from tearing up the new bedding crisscrossing the velcro. I am going to put the velcro on opposite sides of the bed though and make it tougher.

The bed he tore up and is getting a replacement of
Round TUFF Bed - Chew Proof Dog Beds

Walter chewed up the corner of his K9 Ballistic right after the warranty expired :fie:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Interested too…maybe a nice B-day or X-mas present for the Bass. Won't be doing any splurges this winter however, Hubby and I are on major budget cut-backs until Spring…the paw print blanky will have to do (or the pile of clothes my girls love to leave around).

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter chewed up the corner of his K9 Ballistic right after the warranty expired :fie:
a tremendous amount of time and money is spent doing research to determine exactly(sometimes to the minute) how long a warranty period should last. Anyone that's owned a BMW or MBenz knows this all to well.
Dog beds are no different. :yes:

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
a tremendous amount of time and money is spent doing research to determine exactly(sometimes to the minute) how long a warranty period should last. Anyone that's owned a BMW or MBenz knows this all to well.
Dog beds are no different. :yes:

Or most other automobiles these days. The month after I paid off one of the Grand Cherokees I have had it cost me $1200 in repairs. The month following it cost me another 500 or so and I traded it starting the cycle of payments all over again. I was driving around 500 miles per week for work then and needed a reliable vehicle but that hasnt stopped me from trading often even now.

I didn't keep the BMW I had long enough to have any issues but the used Audi I bought was expensive to work on and get serviced. Thats the benefit of buying them now so you get the service contract saving you $400 or so each service

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.