Piper Likes Snow!

makel

Dec 29, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper
Piper likes snow, she hops like a bunny in it and sticks her nose in it. She doesn't seem to mind cold weather as long as there is no wind. I worry and call her in while she's still playing. I worry she can get stolen even though we have a wood fence and they only have access to the backyard we can see from the back door and living room, and I worry that she can become ill or sick form breathing too much cold air. How long is too long for a bulldog in below freezing temps?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I usually don't let Chunky stay out more than 15 minutes or so but he stays active while out and gets warm in front of the fireplace when we come back in.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pics please. :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Here is much colder so -20cel and up is 5 mins. Enough time so she can do #1 n #2 .... run around for 2-3 mins then in. But when im home she goes out like this 10x a day. Under -10cel she can stay 15 mins. Ohhhhhhh bullies!

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I usually give mine 10 to 20 minutes with a coat on. I don't do walks but jolly egg or ball time. He usually chases it so intensely that it exhausts him more than a walk and it is usually nap time when he comes inside.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I usually keep it to about 15 mins but my guys usually let me know they had enough.... especially my Frenchie-- he HATES being cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My guys like the snow too, but they like to eat it. Lol. Dozers eats lots of snow, and I'm afraid the cold snow is too much for his tummy. They don't go out on their own, because I live in a Condo Townhouse, and only have side fences so they can't go out alone. We go for a 5 to 10 minute walk 4 or 5 times a day, usually every 4 to 5 hours, so don't stay out to long, but enough to do their duties, run around a bit or chase each other, and eat some snow, and then by then we're both cold. Lol

OP
M

makel

Dec 29, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper
Thanks everyone. We'll keep it around 15 minutes then. I should have taken pics but completely forgot. Today was warmer so she liked laying out in the sun, there was a slight breeze but she didn't seem to mind it. I'm watching her stomach closely for any allergic reaction to laying in the grass.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.