Scared to death!

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Hi everyone! I have not. Been a part of this group for some time, but I have returned for some much needed advice and support.
First of all, Tucker and Sophie are quite healthy and happy. However, their manners need lots of work!

The last 6-7 months have been bad for me job-wise. Long story short, I changed jobs in August, including cities, and moved from a house with a yard into a small two bedroom apartment. It has been miserable, for multiple reasons. However, today was the height of misery!

Two mornings ago, I had Sophie and Tucker outside on their leashes, and a lady began walking down the sidewalk toward us. I had not seen or heard her, as my back was to her since I was heading to the trash can to dispose of a poop bag. My two burly babies jumped up on her, and she ended up falling down onto her bottom. She was scared and crying, called her husband with her phone, as I ran to put Sophie and Tucker back inside.

I came back to check on her, and the husband was there and she was crying, "my leg, my leg!". She was wearing some zipper boots so she took the one off her right side. She did have about 3-4 intentions in her leg, which I assumed were from the dogs toenails. Well, they are now being called bite marks. This means they want to quarantine my Tucker for 10 days! His shots were given in July, including rabies. However Texas law says if there is a report of a bite, quarantine is called for.

I became hysterical in the apartment parking lot, so the animal control officer called his boss. I have been allowed to quarantine Tucker in a separate room in my apartment, and he can have no contact with people or even Sophie. Thank God for this, because I don't know that he or I would survive quarantine at the animal shelter.

I'm still sick over the whole idea. Oh yeah, and the animal control office will come by for a visit daily "to make sure he is not acting weird." Also, the apartments are evicting me at the end of the month.

Hopefully the next chapter of my life will be much happier!
IMG_0195.JPG this is my sweet Tucker
IMG_0167.JPG and my silly Sophie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Horrible news if it where me I'd have them prove they where bite marks you don't need to be bullied.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I agree! I argued that point, but I was just happy with keeping him at home.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
OH NO - Ginger, how awful for you. Picturing sweet Tucker in a shelter :*( …I'm so thankful they considered him and let him stay with you!!
How did they decipher which dog? Did you take pics of the alleged bite? All this and being evicted too??!!

Sending lots of prayers your way for strength to get through this - <- YOU WILL!! We're all here for you!!! :heart:

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am not really sure if they even knew which dog they were coming to quarantine. I think I assumed it was him because he was in the right side of the lady.

I didn't take pictures because I was freaked out at the time. However the lady and her husband took pics. I have insurance that is dealing with them now. I just hope this nightmare ends soon.

Thank you for your support. My heart breaks now every time I look at Tucker. The thought of him being isolated and lonely is more than I can bear.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Tucker and poor you. How Horrible. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this, plus facing eviction.
Im surprised that they are making you quarantine him since you have proof of vaccinations, but am glad he was allowed to stay at home. I can imagine all the stress and also now having to move. I hope the lady doesn't pursue this and charge you or sue you as well. My heart goes out to you, sending you big hugs and lots of prayers that everything works out okay. Please keep us Posted.

Alpha1

Nov 18, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zik
I am heartbroken, this is very sad and unfair. But am glad they allowed Tucker to stay at the apartment. I don't want to imagine what would have happened to you and him if they took him to the shelter.

Either way, what's done is done, I hope everything turns out fine for you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending you and your babies lots of positive thoughts... hope you find a much better place to live and this can all be put behind you

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
This is just awful. I am so sorry you are going through all of this! It sounds like this lady is pretty dramatic! I guess you can look at the eviction as a blessing, get as far away from this lady as possible! I'm just happy Tucker at least got to stay at home rather than a shelter. Poor guy. You'll be giving him lots of love and snuggles in a few days so just hang in there! Keep us updated! Keeping you in my thoughts!! :heart:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What an awful situation, I'm so glad Tucker is still home with you. That's the best part, the rest will work itself out.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Wow, I am so sorry you are going through this. Having to quarantine Tucker is so sad. I am so fearful of this happening to me all the time. Our bullies are very friendly and they think everyone wants to pet them or play. To avoid this situation, I have trained all my babies to sit and stay when someone is approaching and they are not allowed to respond to the people unless they have my say so. People think this is hysterical because I usually have two out of the three out for walks (Brutus hates to leave the house) so Frankie and Jack will immediately sit on my command and wait for the people to pass. People tend to think bulldogs look scary or are intimidating so I don't leave anything to chance. Maybe this is something you can train them to do in the future. Also, I never walk on a lead that is too long for me to control and the lead always has a handle for me to hold and a handle lower/closer to the dog so I can put them in complete control if I have to. Don't get me wrong, I do not think this was your fault at all, I am just trying to give some advice to avoid future problems.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
If there were only indentions in her leg, why would they quarantine your dog? This doesn't make any sense to me. If there were obvious bite marks and the skin was broken I could understand. And you say they jumped on her? The scratch marks would be on the thigh not on the calf. Indentions on the calf that appear even though she was wearing a boot sounds like teeth marks to me after she was already down, but you would have seen that happen. I don't buy what she claims happened.
I don't see how Tucker would be punished if the lady couldn't identify which of your dogs hurt her... if you were doing the correct thing by having them on the leash.... and if she approached you while your back was turned. I guess I'm not understanding the whole story.

Keep us updated on how this all turns out. I would request to see the photos that they are using to claim a bite mark. I would also request to see the report on what she claims happened. How she came to be bit on the calf thru her boot.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
If there were only indentions in her leg, why would they quarantine your dog? This doesn't make any sense to me. If there were obvious bite marks and the skin was broken I could understand. And you say they jumped on her? The scratch marks would be on the thigh not on the calf. Indentions on the calf that appear even though she was wearing a boot sounds like teeth marks to me after she was already down, but you would have seen that happen. I don't buy what she claims happened.
I don't see how Tucker would be punished if the lady couldn't identify which of your dogs hurt her... if you were doing the correct thing by having them on the leash.... and if she approached you while your back was turned. I guess I'm not understanding the whole story.

Keep us updated on how this all turns out. I would request to see the photos that they are using to claim a bite mark. I would also request to see the report on what she claims happened. How she came to be bit on the calf thru her boot.
:goodpost:

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Hi Ginger, [MENTION=14393]Mom of Tucker[/MENTION]

Just checking in to see how you are…and how those gorgeous bullies are doing, especially Tucker…I hope you are all doing okay. Thinking of you :heartsign:

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm so sorry! This is terrible. I pray you guys find an easy resolution to everything.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.