Taking our boy camping!

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hi everyone. My boyfriend and I are planning a two week camping/site seeing trip from Saskatchewan to Ontario this summer. We will be bringing a camper with a/c, so we decided to bring our 1 1/2 year old EB with us! Any tips or advice would be great! Or any dog friendly activities would be awesome too!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Bulldog activities...hmmm this could be tough. Hey, how about eating and sleeping for starters.
Watch out for tics
Take Bully med kit...Benadryl, Imodium, Pepcid or similar, Ear cleaner and Q tips, shampoo, any dog friendly antibiotic, prednisone if you have it, pain meds if you have it, antibiotic ointment, Vet wrap dressing, eye meds if you have it, peroxide to clean a wound or to induce vomiting. Think back over the past year anything you might have used to maintain or treat your Diesel with...take it!
Vet records in case of emergency, always know where the closest vet clinic and after hours vet is located and have a plan and map that you can navigate blindfolded.
Harness
Extra lead and collar
Life jacket
X-pen
Kennel
Towels
Ice packs
Portable water bottle/bowl if he hikes with you
Make sure you go no further away from camp than you can carry him back
Measure out each meal and add a couple of days worth extra
Bottles and bottles of water
Doggie dookie bags
Watch for tics

I hope there's something on this list that you haven't already thought of...
Have fun!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey neighbour....in June, I cross Alberta to Montreal n back with Nyala in a pickup. It was great! Dont forget to stop often! They need to stretch even if they sleep most of the time. Nyala is an energetic bunny but slept all the way or just laid there. My stops were 20ish mins and I would play ball with her or run around with here. Make sure you gas before entering the great lakes (park)? As only gas stations are in Salute Ste Marie. I gas often never let it go under half but that's me and same time Nyala had her pit stops. I too the Trans Canada as more traffic if something happens to you. But beautiful back roads for sure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bulldog activities...hmmm this could be tough. Hey, how about eating and sleeping for starters.
Watch out for tics
Take Bully med kit...Benadryl, Imodium, Pepcid or similar, Ear cleaner and Q tips, shampoo, any dog friendly antibiotic, prednisone if you have it, pain meds if you have it, antibiotic ointment, Vet wrap dressing, eye meds if you have it, peroxide to clean a wound or to induce vomiting. Think back over the past year anything you might have used to maintain or treat your Diesel with...take it!
Vet records in case of emergency, always know where the closest vet clinic and after hours vet is located and have a plan and map that you can navigate blindfolded.
Harness
Extra lead and collar
Life jacket
X-pen
Kennel
Towels
Ice packs
Doggie dookie bags
Watch for tics

Have fun!

WOW... I think you got it covered!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
:goodpost:Everything he said. My exact thoughts............ couldn't have put it any better, Chip!

Watch out for tics
Harness
Extra lead and collar
Life jacket
X-pen
Kennel
Towels
Ice packs
Doggie dookie bags
Watch for tics

Have fun!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Ha, ha, until I saw 'this summer' I was thinking camping might be a bit cold this time of year!

We haven't been camping with Castor but we often spend time outdoors and in the forest taking quite long walks with him. Hot summer days we don't go out mid day and we always bring water during the summer months. Tick prevention is essential if there are ticks where you are going.

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Lemon juice !!! It recently saved our elderly guy's life....he had thick phelgm caught in his throat which caused veryyy
labored breathing! Your trip sounds fun! :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.