Crate Or Not

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeeeell, my thoughts........if your bulldog is 21 months old.......has this been an on-going issue? I personally think crates are for traveling only.
Iffin he's running and hiding.........and where he's hiding is a safe spot.....and he doesn't pee.........let him stay out. Fold the crate up......and stow it.
When I here about all these bulldogs being put in crates I can't for the life of me wonder why? I mean.......English Bulldogs crave love and attention
putting them in crates.......just stresses them out because........they can read it as a rejection of love. Why go down that road when you don't need to?
Duke has options...he can sleep on his mat in the bedroom.........he can climb his steps into my bed.......or he can sleep on his couch in the den. He has never had an accident and has had the run of the house for over 5 years.

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
Okay...I missed the peeing in the crate. Some will pee on a bed if there is a blanket or bed in the crate. It absorbs it. If you have a bed or blanket in the crate I would suggest removing it for the time being. And yes...pick up the water a few hours before bedtime. Once he has learned to sleep in the crate...and your comfortable leaving him out. I would say just leave the crate door open and let him choose how he'll sleep. But...I think it's important to have a dog crate trained. For there will be times he'll need crated and it could cause him stress if he doesn't accept it now. As I stated earlier...like an overnight visit at the vets. Being crate trained will cause less stress later on for certain situations. He's new to your home...I would think it important to show him now that he can't show bad behavior and have something removed because he doesn't like it. Once he realizes he has to sleep in the crate...I would make him sleep in it at least a month without mishap. Then...if you want leave the crate door open during the night...but let him concur his issues with the crate before doing so. ;o)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.