AC TEAR HELP

Jackstout1

Dec 28, 2016
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Ozzy
I have a 2 year old male. He became lame on Christmas Day. I was told he needed surgery. And the cost is $3000 I don't have the money to do the surgery. Has anyone ever had to deal with this? And can it heal on its own? Please help..

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So sorry to hear this. I will tag some members for you that might be better than me answer you on this one. Hang on .
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
How lame? Only reason I ask is we were told brosco needed surgery once $4000 for a torn and I went and got a 2nd opinion the 2 opinion did a thorough exam and said he wasn't good candidate for surgery and could "just feel the arthritis so now he is on arthritis pills and no problems Get a second opinion if it is obvious and your dog can't walk you don't want him in pain....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a 2 year old male. He became lame on Christmas Day. I was told he needed surgery. And the cost is $3000 I don't have the money to do the surgery. Has anyone ever had to deal with this? And can it heal on its own? Please help..

As mentioned on your other thread... the cost is about right and it will not heal on it's own needs the surgery.

ask your vet if they take Care Credit... it is an interest free way of paying vet/medical bills.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As Christine [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said, it will not heal on it's own, check out the Care Credit, hopefully your vet will take it.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
It won't heal on its own. My Penny just had it 12 weeks ago (was cleared for normal activity by the vet this morning). We also paid $3000.
If you don't do anything, he will develop arthritis - and at only 2 years old, he still had a lot of years ahead of him. My vet also said that the body will form like a fibrosis around the joint, which is also painful.
Will your vet- or any do payment plans? I know where we took Penny, he offered in house payment plan options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Our boy just had the surgery 5 weeks ago,it won't heal we tried laser before surgery.Our cost was 1300 but our vet did it,he is very good..Prayers for your baby

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.