Ellie's Crate

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I would try getting her like a pen.... where she has more freedom. Maybe you can pen her off in the kitchen? Test it out to see if the barking still happens or not.

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Our guys sleep with us too... never an issue and when we leave the house they are gated in the basement with their crate doors open. But, we do crate them if we are going to be gone more than 4 hours. Then we have aour pet sitter swing by to let them out.

Does she have anything in the crate, bedding? If yes, remove it and remove the divided... she if she pees on the pan

NOPE!! - we took out her bedding almost months ago, and put her divider back in, as suggested by her bulldog vet, to put her in potty "bootcamp", and we tried moving her divider back to give her more room, after about 4.5-6 weeks, and she peed BOTH times. As long as the divider is in place small enough to where she can't pee, she holds it.

She has a long history of peeing in her crate, as sometimes she would pee, and sometimes she wouldn't, before we got her UTI's, and Crystals, and Heat Cycle, all taken care of.

So I am also wondering if this is something she "THINKS" is Ok, that we need to "RE-train" her on...

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I would try getting her like a pen.... where she has more freedom. Maybe you can pen her off in the kitchen? Test it out to see if the barking still happens or not.

I would to try that, but our house is Split level, AND Open floor plan.

Mama has the gears working:think:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Pot leaf.jpeg
Only thing left to do......for you that is :lmaogirl::lmaogirl::lmaogirl:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NOPE!! - we took out her bedding almost months ago, and put her divider back in, as suggested by her bulldog vet, to put her in potty "bootcamp", and we tried moving her divider back to give her more room, after about 4.5-6 weeks, and she peed BOTH times. As long as the divider is in place small enough to where she can't pee, she holds it.

She has a long history of peeing in her crate, as sometimes she would pee, and sometimes she wouldn't, before we got her UTI's, and Crystals, and Heat Cycle, all taken care of.

So I am also wondering if this is something she "THINKS" is Ok, that we need to "RE-train" her on...

I would try the re-training. She is being stubborn and you have to show her you are alpha

Members online

No members online now.