Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I have been out most of the day so I just fed Chunky his late meal and when I took him out to poop he went to the side walk without his leash or harness on and I told him to go on. He ran up the street and did his business than ran back down into the garage while I stood in the driveway.

I would of never let him go if it wasn't 10pm or if I seen anyone out but thought it was funny he did our exactly walk and returned. He even walked up to the top of the hill where we turn around before coming back like he is programmed to do that.

I wish I had my cellphone with me and recorded him.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thats pretty cute! Mine is 'reminded' that he has to 'go' when he gets to his 'go' spot. Sometimes he doesnt want to go out alone and if i want him to HURRY i know to take him to his spot.... so yea, id say creature of habbit as well :)

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Wes Rosie has a pattern also , for poop it is always far away from house near the pole that holds up the satellite dish , thank god , at 1/4 to 9 pm she comes to Me with the rest behind her and basically says it is bed time , she is the first up the stairs to the bedroom door , i open it and Rosie is the first to the doggy stairs pull rope in mouth for us to play once I am in the bed , there is a Rosie induced time limit to play time almost exactly 1/2 hr , first 15 min is pull rope play , then 15 mins of catch the hand under the covers where Rosie Odin and Nelli all play that game . Then is like someone flipped a switch and they crash for the nite ! Odin the largest sleeps right up beside my body then Rosie in his belly area and Nelli sleeps where ever is left on the bed .
same pretty well every night that The Prettyone is not here for so week days just like clock work lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
They are very much creatures of habit. Tyson has the same routine for walks too and knows exactly when to cross the street and head back no matter which direction we go! Still though, remember he's a dog and if he sees something that distracts him like another dog, cat, or something he may still go for it, that's the only part that scares me with off leash, it takes seconds for them to step into the road.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
TOTAL creatures of habit, routine and schedule...

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
They are very much creatures of habit. Tyson has the same routine for walks too and knows exactly when to cross the street and head back no matter which direction we go! Still though, remember he's a dog and if he sees something that distracts him like another dog, cat, or something he may still go for it, that's the only part that scares me with off leash, it takes seconds for them to step into the road.

If it had been earlier in the day I wouldn't of let him run off. There isn't much traffic in my neighborhood after 6pm and no outside pets are in the neighborhood for him to chase. If the neighbor on top of the hill was out with their chocolate lab he would of went on to their house no doubt though. Chunky and the neighborhood deer only stare at each other but we do have a not so friendly skunk who likes to make an unwelcome appearance every so often.

I have thought about moving somewhere cheaper but with more land with a fenced yard. My neighbors are really great though excluding one of them and would be missed.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Lucky you, sounds like you live in a quiet area. We live in the burbs right outside of Houston but there are still alot of cars in the neighborhood. Tyson won't leave our side, and will hang out in the yard with us, but if he were to see another dog or something he would likely go to it. It scares me because I've seen dogs get hit by cars, ugh. Kills me. This is why anytime he's outside with us, he's on a long lead that's tied to the garage. He has plenty of room, and even though I know he won't take off, in the rare event that he tries, it won't happen.

Funny about the skunk, good Lord you don't want that happening.

If it had been earlier in the day I wouldn't of let him run off. There isn't much traffic in my neighborhood after 6pm and no outside pets are in the neighborhood for him to chase. If the neighbor on top of the hill was out with their chocolate lab he would of went on to their house no doubt though. Chunky and the neighborhood deer only stare at each other but we do have a not so friendly skunk who likes to make an unwelcome appearance every so often.

I have thought about moving somewhere cheaper but with more land with a fenced yard. My neighbors are really great though excluding one of them and would be missed.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Lucky you, sounds like you live in a quiet area. We live in the burbs right outside of Houston but there are still alot of cars in the neighborhood. Tyson won't leave our side, and will hang out in the yard with us, but if he were to see another dog or something he would likely go to it. It scares me because I've seen dogs get hit by cars, ugh. Kills me. This is why anytime he's outside with us, he's on a long lead that's tied to the garage. He has plenty of room, and even though I know he won't take off, in the rare event that he tries, it won't happen.

Funny about the skunk, good Lord you don't want that happening.

Its quiet after the construction workers go home around 5 or 6.

My neighborhood will never be big but is new and there is usually 3-5 homes in various stages of construction. They are on the other end of the neighborhood now so I don't hear them and most go home around the time I am getting off work.

The skunk has never sprayed when I have seen him but has jumped out some tall grass running towards me and Chunky when Chunky was using the same empty lot to poop. Chunky didn't know what to thunk when I started dragging him down the sidewalk. LOL

Bexis

Jan 2, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cody
This is so true. My friend's Dog Favorite habit is licking everyone new. He kind of feels like he is marking them. Next time he remembers you.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Wes..I could probably do that with Bentley without a leash but I don't dare to because even though the speed limit is 25 mph on our street, there are some yahoos that jus come barreling down the street. Now with Jewel, she is part bloodhound and will let her nose take her to wherever and never look back. Awe C'mon Jewel Daddy is calling you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.