Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: At 26 months of age, I'm constantly asked if he's a full breed bulldog. What you all think?

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: At 26 months of age, I'm constantly asked if he's a full breed bulldog. What you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    English Bulldog tails are not docked. They are what they are. Some are straight and long, some are short and curled. Some are inverted. As for the muzzle, I think that is why people think a different breed. You don't usually see that marking on a bulldog.... but that is not to say you never see that marking on a bulldog.

Some bulldogs have long legs and are tall (Vegas) and some are short and petite (Orion)

If you have seen both the parents and the other litter mates... you have a full EB.

I read somewhere that English Bulldogs are descendants of the Mastiffs, but I couldn't find the information to back it up.

I think you have yourself a bulldog with a unique look.

Attachment 103092
    Bulldogs are referred too as mastiff type dogs in some of the article I have read when researching medical issues with Chunky

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

2. Likes Libra926 liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chico
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: At 26 months of age, I'm constantly asked if he's a full breed bulldog. What you all think?

I would say that he might have a little bit of a pug

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    100yrs ago, the real EB never had a big rope, droopy eye, ears nor did the pug . The bull terrier never had an egg shape head.. I can go on n on. Nyala is a smaller version of EB. And it's fine with me. A lot of dogs got altered by humans. It is what it is. So basically same breed dogs wont all look the same. And its ok. You love Max and that's what counts.

https://dogbehaviorscience.wordpress...d-improvement/

Reading what I posted 3years ago about Nyala. Smaller version...hell that changed!!! Lollll.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Reading what I posted 3years ago about Nyala. Smaller version...hell that changed!!! Lollll.
    LOL. LOL. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Pooper scooper
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

I agree with earlier replies. I see pug in the shape and look and mastiff in the colouring. Iím no expert though. They all look so different within the same breed. What a sweetheart. You must kiss that face often. 🤗

Real Name
    Polly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop
    Likes (Received)

He looks like he's got some pug in him, that cute worried look, the odd tail and the small feet. A DNA test would tell you. Nevertheless, he is cute!

Sometime back I met a woman who went on about her "miniature" bulldog. I told her that I'd never heard of such. She said that the breeder mated a pug and a bulldog. Then the females from that litter were mated with a bulldog when matured. So 3/4 bulldog & 1/4 pug=miniature bulldog. She paid $2000 but didn't respond when I asked about AKC papers. There's no way it could be registered if the breeder had been honest. I did find a website that sells "Miniature Bulldogs" and in parantheses it says "Bullpug".

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads