Can anyone guess where Lala was tonight?...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
She went with us to pick up our son, Dalton, who volunteers at the location in question.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It looks like the docks in San Diego to me :-) Embarcadero?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lala is a travellin' gal-she has an interesting life! Lucky dog.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You got the dock part but she's never been to CA.

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Very cool pic - Naval Shipyard in Norfolk, VA? The battleship is the USS Wisconsin if I'm not mistaken. My Grandmother (Dad's mom) is from Wise, VA and was a Welder there, helping to build ships during World War II. My Grandfather was in the Army and on his way overseas and that is where they met.

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Very close. The Wisconsin is now berthed at Nauticus Naval Museum in downtown Norfolk. The Norfolk Naval Shipyard is just across the harbor on the southern branch of the Elizabeth River in Portsmouth, VA. I think it was named Norfolk Naval Ship Yard because it was located in what used to be Norfolk County. That County land has all been annexed by the surrounding cities that now make up the Hampton Roads area of Va.

My son, Dalton, has been volunteering at Nauticus for the past 2 years and loves it. This was Lala's first trip there and she was greeting museum goes as they exited the Dickens' Christmas Towne display. Everyone wanted to pet and kiss on her. She was more than willing to accommodate. Good times.

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Gotcha, my Great Grandma lived to be 104 (she ate Butter, Biscuits, Fried Chicken, Greens and fresh Pork products regularly!) but passed about 10 years ago. I have not been up there since then. It was really neat to visit when I was a boy, a 4x4 was required to get to her house that was literally on the side of a mountain that my Great Grandfather who was a Coal Miner built himself. I'm sure a lot has changed since then.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great picture!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
My cousin who is in the Navy will be stationed in Norfolk sometime after the first of the year. Great picture and i would like to visit places like that in the future

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Gotcha, my Great Grandma lived to be 104 (she ate Butter, Biscuits, Fried Chicken, Greens and fresh Pork products regularly!) but passed about 10 years ago. I have not been up there since then. It was really neat to visit when I was a boy, a 4x4 was required to get to her house that was literally on the side of a mountain that my Great Grandfather who was a Coal Miner built himself. I'm sure a lot has changed since then.
Wise hasn't changed much and i was just having a similar talk about food with my mother earlier after eating a big breakfast at Cracker Barrel. She said they ate a big breakfast and dinner everyday and were hardly ever sick. Now we eat whats supposedly healthy and stay sick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.