MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hellooo!!

SOOOO - Ellie is scheduled for her Spay on 1/9/17.

We have scheduled a consult appointment with her vet, as this mommy has questions.

But those that have been there, what are some questions I should be asking??

Also, what is some good advice for her recovery?? - hubby and I have off a couple days to stay with her, while we are at she is crated, and I have a nanny cam on her

Just having a nervous mommy moment...

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Ms. Ellie........Understand the worry for sure! Joey was spayed when she was 6 months old, we picked her up from the Vet's office, she was groggy. We had a nice comfy spot, bed wetting pads covered by blanket in case she leaked a little bit. I tried to keep her as calm as possible but after about an hour nap she was going up the stairs!!!! So, best advice is have a lot of free time to keep an eye on her, no rough stuff, maybe a favorite toy to chew on calmly :)

PLEASE keep me posted that day :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I haven't scheduled Willow yet, but I just wanted to offer support... and prayers!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dont forget the "cone of shame" takes room in a crate!
Nyala was full of energy but that's Nyala. I had to always watch her like a hawk. She would do anything and everything to remove that cone. Even go in the veggie garden to yank it off by hitting it into the soil. She was using it as a shovel. So be prepared as they hate that cone. :yes:

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Joey never had a cone, is that odd?? Do they all get cones? Joey never bothered her incision, actually she could not reach it even if she tried. Hmmmmmmmm, I'm curious

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
All the years I had dogs(most were females) most all were spayed and not one wore a cone,not even the bullies. If it turns out she can reach the stitches,then she would need a cone. My problem was keeping Maude from licking someone else because she is a LICKER! Never had one single problem with any dog,I always trusted my vets completely.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
If you have a great vet whom you trust, no worries! She will just be a little groggy from meds, you can sleep with her on the floor with some warm fluffy blankets the first night! She shouldn't need a cone bc they can't reach anyway! Sending lots of prayers, and hugs!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG forget what I said...she also had cherry eye tucked. FFS hahaha.... Duuuuhhhh me. So sorry. Forgot completely about the eye. But she did use da cone of shame as a shovel. Lollll

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi all thank you so much!! I will keep everyone posted. I DO TRUST her vet, but want to visit with him before the surgery. Ellie's Vet is also a 24/7 hospital, so right now I do know she will be kept overnight

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OMG forget what I said...she also had cherry eye tucked. FFS hahaha.... Duuuuhhhh me. So sorry. Forgot completely about the eye. But she did use da cone of shame as a shovel. Lollll

Ohhhhh, OK good so Joey's vet did not forget to "cone her" :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhhhh, OK good so Joey's vet did not forget to "cone her" :)

I guess not! Lol funny though, Nyala can still reach her belly as she does clean herself in that area. My GS had a cone when he was neutered. Them dogs are more flexible.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had Banks done at 6 months and she was fine within four to five days.... no steps, jumping, running or forced exercise. short leashed walks

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I had Banks done at 6 months and she was fine within four to five days.... no steps, jumping, running or forced exercise. short leashed walks

I wish we could have had Ellie done then, but both her Vets wanted to wait till she went through her 1st cycle.

Though now that she is bit older, she is bit more calm than she was then.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.