a little blood in nose rope

chitownbully

Nov 23, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
KINGSTON / PRINCE
[MENTION=15395]megdav[/MENTION]....I clean my bully's nose rope daily with peroxide on a cotton ball and follow up with a dry cotton ball. I try not to rub to hard as it tends to get irritated really easy. He has developed what looks like what your pup has now and after cleaning I too use A&D or Neosporin, takes a few days to start to heal. I would clean it at least twice a day. I also use acne cream when he develops pimples on his chin. Hope this helps.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
hey thanks everyone. i wanted to give an update. dozer has 2 "pimples" now. ive been cleaning/wiping with a tissue or cotton ball and then putting A&D on it. doesnt seem to be doing much. You think Desitin is next? I plan to bring him to another vet for another "1st" visit because i wasnt too happy with the first vet. I'll see what he/she says too.
31895178955_b9133b7b37_o.png
sorry it's blurry :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hey thanks everyone. i wanted to give an update. dozer has 2 "pimples" now. ive been cleaning/wiping with a tissue or cotton ball and then putting A&D on it. doesnt seem to be doing much. You think Desitin is next? I plan to bring him to another vet for another "1st" visit because i wasnt too happy with the first vet. I'll see what he/she says too.
View attachment 102999

I would try it... hard to see but git it a shot

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
View attachment 102999
A visit to the vet sounds right. It's suspicious that you've been treating one and another pops up…may need a prescription or test to see if it's bacterial. You can try Desitin while waiting for an appt. Hopefully he can get in before the holiday.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
we saw the vet. i like this guy much better than the first one we went to. he suggested the malecetic (sp) cleaner for the nose and folds and between his paws. looking at his nose today, it looks a little better. from the desitin maybe? so i might try that for another day or two and see if it keeps improving. i guess inbetween his paws looked a little pink (in the bright lights, i didnt notice at home). i forget what he called it, but his eyes have a "defect" where the lower eyelid kind of sticks out. kind of comes to a triangle. i think he said that can cause more tears? Do any of you know the name. i'll try to look it up. He's 52.5lbs now and looks great the doc said :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
i forget what he called it, but his eyes have a "defect" where the lower eyelid kind of sticks out. kind of comes to a triangle. i think he said that can cause more tears? Do any of you know the name. i'll try to look it up. He's 52.5lbs now and looks great the doc said :)

I have heard of this, but forget the name too. I don't think it is a big issue though... right?

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
well looks like desitin wins this one, dozer's nose rope looks much better! YAY! (a lot of work to get it in there. i need someone to hold his head lol).

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yeay, we use Desitin as well, love it!

well looks like desitin wins this one, dozer's nose rope looks much better! YAY! (a lot of work to get it in there. i need someone to hold his head lol).

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Ectropion do you mean? You can also do an ACV rinse on the paws to help w/the pinkness. Glad you like your new vet! WoW, 52 pounds :up:

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
yup, Ectropion, that is it. What is the ratio for the acv rinse?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.