a little blood in nose rope

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
little Doze has a little raw spot with a little blood under his nose rope. what do you guys suggest i do for this? I clean it each day with either stridex or an unscented baby wipe
poor poopy.

15555628_10154059075021080_833972266_n.jpg

PS: (I said "little" a lot lol)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like it might be a pimple, ut can you get a closer picture of it?

I usually clean with witch hazel

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
it's hard to get a picture but it does look like a pimple, you're right. does witch hazel sting? ouch.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it's hard to get a picture but it does look like a pimple, you're right. does witch hazel sting? ouch.

Stay with the stridex, and in between that, just try to wipe with a dry napkin to keep it from getting moist

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
do you think i should put a little A&D in there too? it looks a liiiiittle worse. He doesnt like me to clean it. poopy face.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't own stock and don't get commission but everyone who has animals should have a tube of NuStock! :D

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Oh ya? Gotta look that up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
do you think i should put a little A&D in there too? it looks a liiiiittle worse. He doesnt like me to clean it. poopy face.
Try Neosporin for a day or two until it clears up (they have one w/a pain reliever too). No more stridex or anything that would sting (witch hazel) as it looks as if it is slightly open?...

You can use Desitin, but that's usually best on raw/red nose rope/tail pocket…so maybe after it is healing try that.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
thanks, i am trying the neosporin. not much change yet but i'll give it a couple more days.

Alpha1

Nov 18, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zik
How is he doing? Did Neosporin work for you? It has worked for me before.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks for asking Alpha1! it's still red but not looking worse.i put neosporin on it once (try to do twice) a day and wipe it out ocassionally. what a difficult space to try to cure something like that. My daughter (who is now 26. today as a matter of fact lol) as a baby had a similar spot, er, between her butt cheeks lol and our pediatrician tried a few things and then was like, "you know what? let's go back to the basics and try A&D" and sure enough that's what did it. so i'm still wondering if i should do that. it would protect the area and let it heal.

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Thanks for asking Alpha1! it's still red but not looking worse.i put neosporin on it once (try to do twice) a day and wipe it out ocassionally. what a difficult space to try to cure something like that. My daughter (who is now 26. today as a matter of fact lol) as a baby had a similar spot, er, between her butt cheeks lol and our pediatrician tried a few things and then was like, "you know what? let's go back to the basics and try A&D" and sure enough that's what did it. so i'm still wondering if i should do that. it would protect the area and let it heal.
Do it I swear by A&D ointment!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny

I also use A&D ointment on mine. I clean their face / folds first with wet paper towel. Then folds with either witch hazel or mal-e-ket wipes. Use the AD if she's merging looks a little red.

Even my vet asked me to screen shot the ointment and ingredients so that he can recommend it out as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Desitin would be my choice.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
thanks guys. that's how our pediatrician was also, "I am definitely recommending this to my patients from now on!" haha it was funny. i'll try desitin if this doesnt work. i happened to have A&D on hand.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.