Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Just a couple Questions...

  1. #1
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,428
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    1861

    Default Just a couple Questions...

    Good Morning EBN Family!!

    Ellie seems to like SMALL spaces when sleeping, ESPECIALLY in her crate, just wondering if this is a Bully thing or JUST HER!!

    Chew Toys - she is a POWER chewer, and I feel like NOTHING stands up to her, she has a couple that are GOOD, I have purchased the Nyla Power Chew toys but she get LITTLE ITY BITY peices off from chewing, should I be concerned, or am I being OVERLY cautious??


    Thanks and much Love,

    Melissa - Ellie's Mom

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    39,969
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11328

    Default Re: Just a couple Questions...

    what do you mean by small... does she like to just cuddle herself real tight in a ball?

    Chew Toys - as long as she is getting tiny pieces it will pass without issue, if you see pieces getting too big, then take a dremel to it and shave it down so she can not get large pieces broken off
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. Likes Chunky White, Old School Dropout liked this post
  4. #3
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,428
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    1861

    Default Re: Just a couple Questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    what do you mean by small... does she like to just cuddle herself real tight in a ball?

    Chew Toys - as long as she is getting tiny pieces it will pass without issue, if you see pieces getting too big, then take a dremel to it and shave it down so she can not get large pieces broken off


    YES!! she balls herself up tight when we go to bed at night she curls up as tight as she can between our two pillows, and smooshes her butt into the headboard, and I have nanny cam on her crate and she does the same thing during the day, she has the WHOLE thing to herself but curls up, and shoves her butt into the back wall of the crate, and most times when we snuggle on the couch she does the same, but every once in a while she will stretch as big as she can....

    Thank you, and the dremel is a good idea, didnt think of that, I was feeling like as soon as the itty bitty pieces came off I had to take it away, though mommy keeps an eye on her like a hawk with anything she chews on


    Thanks and much Love,

    Melissa - Ellie's Mom

  5. Likes Chunky White liked this post
  6. #4
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    39,969
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11328

    Default Just a couple Questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by MFrey2012 View Post
    YES!! she balls herself up tight when we go to bed at night she curls up as tight as she can between our two pillows, and smooshes her butt into the headboard, and I have nanny cam on her crate and she does the same thing during the day, she has the WHOLE thing to herself but curls up, and shoves her butt into the back wall of the crate, and most times when we snuggle on the couch she does the same, but every once in a while she will stretch as big as she can....

    Thank you, and the dremel is a good idea, didnt think of that, I was feeling like as soon as the itty bitty pieces came off I had to take it away, though mommy keeps an eye on her like a hawk with anything she chews on
    I think the tight ball thing i just a dog thing.... Banks did it (all 62 lbs of her), Cheli does it and Lambeau does it.... only one of our 4 that did not was Nitschke, he liked to wrap around us, but not real tight
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  7. Likes Chunky White liked this post
  8. #5
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,700
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5529

    Default Re: Just a couple Questions...

    Willow is tiny, and she likes to ball up too... Lol I noticed that my guys really tear up a Nylabone so I have to be careful or their gums will bleed. They are getting antlers from Santa here soon...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #6
    Bully Bootie Duty Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)
    238

    Default Re: Just a couple Questions...

    Dozer seems to alternate equally between stretched out on the Cujo Cot, floor or couch and curling up in a dog bed or a crate (we have two with memory foam pads / liners and nice covers).

  11. #7
    Bulldog Vet in Training MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,428
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    1861

    Default Re: Just a couple Questions...

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School Dropout View Post
    Dozer seems to alternate equally between stretched out on the Cujo Cot, floor or couch and curling up in a dog bed or a crate (we have two with memory foam pads / liners and nice covers).
    I LOVED Ellies bedding from K9 Ballistics, too bad she peed on so much we had to take it away for a while, was able to save on of the memory foam beds, just have to get a replacement cover for it, when we decide she is house broken enough to give it another try, as i feel terrible that she is going through potty bootcamp...


    Thanks and much Love,

    Melissa - Ellie's Mom

  12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •