MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning EBN Family!!

Ellie seems to like SMALL spaces when sleeping, ESPECIALLY in her crate, just wondering if this is a Bully thing or JUST HER!!

Chew Toys - she is a POWER chewer, and I feel like NOTHING stands up to her, she has a couple that are GOOD, I have purchased the Nyla Power Chew toys but she get LITTLE ITY BITY peices off from chewing, should I be concerned, or am I being OVERLY cautious??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what do you mean by small... does she like to just cuddle herself real tight in a ball?

Chew Toys - as long as she is getting tiny pieces it will pass without issue, if you see pieces getting too big, then take a dremel to it and shave it down so she can not get large pieces broken off

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
what do you mean by small... does she like to just cuddle herself real tight in a ball?

Chew Toys - as long as she is getting tiny pieces it will pass without issue, if you see pieces getting too big, then take a dremel to it and shave it down so she can not get large pieces broken off

YES!! she balls herself up tight when we go to bed at night she curls up as tight as she can between our two pillows, and smooshes her butt into the headboard, and I have nanny cam on her crate and she does the same thing during the day, she has the WHOLE thing to herself but curls up, and shoves her butt into the back wall of the crate, and most times when we snuggle on the couch she does the same, but every once in a while she will stretch as big as she can....

Thank you, and the dremel is a good idea, didnt think of that, I was feeling like as soon as the itty bitty pieces came off I had to take it away, though mommy keeps an eye on her like a hawk with anything she chews on

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YES!! she balls herself up tight when we go to bed at night she curls up as tight as she can between our two pillows, and smooshes her butt into the headboard, and I have nanny cam on her crate and she does the same thing during the day, she has the WHOLE thing to herself but curls up, and shoves her butt into the back wall of the crate, and most times when we snuggle on the couch she does the same, but every once in a while she will stretch as big as she can....

Thank you, and the dremel is a good idea, didnt think of that, I was feeling like as soon as the itty bitty pieces came off I had to take it away, though mommy keeps an eye on her like a hawk with anything she chews on

I think the tight ball thing i just a dog thing.... Banks did it (all 62 lbs of her), Cheli does it and Lambeau does it.... only one of our 4 that did not was Nitschke, he liked to wrap around us, but not real tight

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Willow is tiny, and she likes to ball up too... Lol I noticed that my guys really tear up a Nylabone so I have to be careful or their gums will bleed. They are getting antlers from Santa here soon...

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer seems to alternate equally between stretched out on the Cujo Cot, floor or couch :happy: and curling up in a dog bed or a crate (we have two with memory foam pads / liners and nice covers).

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Dozer seems to alternate equally between stretched out on the Cujo Cot, floor or couch :happy: and curling up in a dog bed or a crate (we have two with memory foam pads / liners and nice covers).

I LOVED Ellies bedding from K9 Ballistics, too bad she peed on so much we had to take it away for a while, was able to save on of the memory foam beds, just have to get a replacement cover for it, when we decide she is house broken enough to give it another try, as i feel terrible that she is going through potty bootcamp...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online