My daughter hates me!

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
I may of overreacted last night my daughters cat decided to hit tank just under his eye and it cut the inside I little bit not the eyeball itself but it did bleed I cleaned it out really well and it didn't seem to bother him and today it seems fine no swelling and not even really that red however I smacked the cat rather hard and yelled at my wife as she was sitting with tank and allowed the cat to get close both wife and daughter where crying I feel like a jerk but I was being over protective over my boy already got a lot of money invested no need for a vet bill so soon. That being said tank seems like his eye is just fine and I'm going to work on not overreacting.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I may of overreacted last night my daughters cat decided to hit tank just under his eye and it cut the inside I little bit not the eyeball itself but it did bleed I cleaned it out really well and it didn't seem to bother him and today it seems fine no swelling and not even really that red however I smacked the cat rather hard and yelled at my wife as she was sitting with tank and allowed the cat to get close both wife and daughter where crying I feel like a jerk but I was being over protective over my boy already got a lot of money invested no need for a vet bill so soon. That being said tank seems like his eye is just fine and I'm going to work on not overreacting.

I kicked the neighbors dog while it was biting Chunky if that makes you feel any better. Not hard enough to harm it just hard enough to change its focus to me. The neighbor finally started talking to me again after a few weeks. Get the cat de-clawed if its an inside cat and I hope your family forgives you for yelling.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Hi, I'm sorry all this happened and you're going through this. We all do things in the heat of the moment sometimes that we don't mean, and what we normally would never do. You just reacted to the situation and now you're feeling guilty.
The cat was just using its instinct because he or she was probably feeling threatened by Tank, and just did what a cat will do in that situation. I'm sure you didn't mean to hit the cat. I'm sure you're daughter doesn't hate you, but is just upset that you hit her cat. I'm sure an apology to her and a hug for your wife will make everything okay. Don't be so hard on yourself we all over react sometimes. We are human.

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
I kicked the neighbors dog while it was biting Chunky if that makes you feel any better. Not hard enough to harm it just hard enough to change its focus to me. The neighbor finally started talking to me again after a few weeks. Get the cat de-clawed if its an inside cat and I hope your family forgives you for yelling.
Yes it's a indoor cat I'm not a cat person but my daughter is only reason it's here. Just scared the crap outta me I read horror stories about cat's blinding a dog from its nails maybe I wouldn't of got so mad if the pup was attacking it but he was just laying their minding his own business.

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Hi, I'm sorry all this happened and you're going through this. We all do things in the heat of the moment sometimes that we don't mean, and what we normally would never do. You just reacted to the situation and now you're feeling guilty.
The cat was just using its instinct because he or she was probably feeling threatened by Tank, and just did what a cat will do in that situation. I'm sure you didn't mean to hit the cat. I'm sure you're daughter doesn't hate you, but is just upset that you hit her cat. I'm sure an apology to her and a hug for your wife will make everything okay. Don't be so hard on yourself we all over react sometimes. We are human.
Ya I apologized to both and gave them hugs even made them breakfast. I'm not a cat person at all but I would never hurt them just to do it I even told the darn cat I was sorry but they are puppies so try to deal with them if they bit the cat they will also get scolded.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I doubt your daughter hates you…you apologized, gave hugs AND made breakfast!! (What'd you make?)

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Fresh eggs bacon potatoes toast coffee and milk.
What no OJ?!! :rofl: You're forgiven!! That's one heck of an apology…heck, maybe my Hubby will yell at me - I'd LOVE me some breakfast…he doesn't have a death wish though, so I do not foresee being yelled at in the future :giggle::ninja2: <- I'm totally on a ninja kick lately, it's ridiculous

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

We have all been there , I had a instance where a couple were walking there dog at our town,s Christmas parade and if you know Bulldogs they want to be friends with everything and everyone . Rosie was doing her body wiggle and her dog attacked My Rose , I pulled Rose back not hard she was scared , there dog was app the same size a terrier type dog and Rosie,s size at the time .
The stupid women gave the dog more lead so it could go after Rosie again ....WRONG Rosie had had enough and took the dog on so , I asked why did you give the dog more lead for it to be able to attack again she said that she did not I said BS I saw the lead extend and your dog for the second time attack . She started to call Me everything in the book then kicked at Rosie A big WRONG with her foot . Her Husband by this point had enough of all her BS also and said he was sorry would pay any damages and grabbed her by the shoulder good thing because she was limping after My size 12 kicked her foot before she made contact with Rosie . I have seen him in our small town a couple of times since then nice fella and always tries to say he was sorry for what happened and that is appreciated , He also told Me she limped for a couple of days , some people just do not get it .
I suggest some nice flowers for both lady,s and a apology and now that you have thought about it explain your reaction , they love you as much as you love them and Tank they know that .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy all is well with Tank and your daughter..... it happens but you may want to think about the declawing just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you don't want to declaw, they have those nail covers for cats that you can get! Cats always get everyone in trouble! The cat was probably snickering all evening! catfinger.gif

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't want to declaw, they have those nail covers for cats that you can get! Cats always get everyone in trouble! The cat was probably snickering all evening!catfinger.gif

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Cats were born to get dogs and people in trouble-the cat was probably snickering all evening! catfinger.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Cats were born to get dogs and people in trouble-the cat was probably snickering all evening! catfinger.gifclick on this cat.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Cats were bred to cause trouble! The cat probably snickered all night! catfinger.gifclick on this one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.