7 months later

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Hi All! I haven't posted any recent pics of Sgt. lately...so I thought I'd give a quick update! We've now had him for 7 months! It sure has been an exciting 7 months! Lets see...he has eaten a lighter, 2 Christmas lights, a remote control and about half a box of kleenex (not to mention destroyed about 100 toys!). My vet can't help but laugh at how much she has seen us! Oh he also had an ulcer in his eye...and he ate his eye drops! Anyways, he's fine even after all of that! Now he walks twice a day (I can't help but preach this to anyone who says they are having behavioral issues) and it has made all the difference! When I just had Dutchie (our Boston terrier) he went everywhere with me and the walks weren't as necessary. With the two dogs, its a bit harder to bring them everywhere...not everyone loves having me, my husband and our two dogs over for dinner (I'll never understand why!?)! The walks have been a lifesaver! Sgt. is now a regular member of the family. He loves to take selfies with mom, chase his brother, even the cat is coming around more (my husband rescued our cat from a bag in a dumpster as a kitten, she takes a really long time to warm up to anyone so 7 months is actually a really short amount of time!). It's hard to remember a time when Sgt. wasn't part of our family! Anyways, thanks so much to all of you for welcoming us into this community! I would have been lost without all of you!!! Ok, here's the fun stuff! Some pics!!

This is Sgt. and the cat...trust me it's crazy she's sitting this close to him! It took her over a year to sit that close to me!!! And I feed her!!!
20161206_181927.jpg

We're big of selfies at our place! Sgt. is a ham like his mom!
20161112_175351.jpg

It's starting to get cold out now so you'll often find Sgt. snuggled under a blanket.
20161028_230616.jpg

And lastly...this is from my attempt to get a Christmas card photo! This was literally impossible. Anyone in the Christmas card exchange will understand once they get our blurry card...literally, trying to get the two of them to sit still...IMPOSSIBLE!
20161114_171833.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Always good to read happy updates. I have 4 cats and it took my oldest one 3 years before he would stop hissing at Harlea.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sarg is looking great!!! I love the photos, and the christmas one is precious. It just shows their true personalities. Like "c'mon mom just take the pic already!" LOL

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OHHHHH BRAVO !!!! Sgt. is such a handsome fella! The love he must feel now, he looks so content! NICELY DONE!!!!!

Agree 100% on the walks, so simple but yet SO IMPORTANT :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Love the photos but the Christmas card one is fabulous love the look on both their faces

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a great update.... LOVE the walk factor! People need to know it DOES help!/

What a great looking family --- thanks for sharing and being with us. Can 't wait for my blurry card :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
this was so fun :) great pics and gorgeous dogs :)

OP
asherose

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone! The boys are blushing over the compliments! They totally think they're models now! [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] the blurry cards are on the way! [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Lol...they hated me! There were many carrots eaten that night!
Guys...walks changed my life...and I lost 10lbs! That's probably the best news!!!:yes:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Im still laughing at everything he ate! That was too funny! Walks are the best. T.O. doesn't get as cold as here. Wish I can take Nyala 2x a day. Cant even take her 1x a day lately with these -30s. Great photos and kodoo to hubby for saving little kitty.

OP
asherose

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I didn't even list everything he ate! He was out of control at the beginning...and I was so used to my other dog who wouldn't touch a fully cooked turkey if you left it next to his food dish (unless you told him he could!). The walks changed everything! You are absolutely right though, we are nowhere near as cold as out west! My best friend lives in Fort St. John, BC...it's been -40 there all week...I don't know how she does it! I don't leave the house if it's -10 or more! :freeze:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] I didn't even list everything he ate! He was out of control at the beginning...and I was so used to my other dog who wouldn't touch a fully cooked turkey if you left it next to his food dish (unless you told him he could!). The walks changed everything! You are absolutely right though, we are nowhere near as cold as out west! My best friend lives in Fort St. John, BC...it's been -40 there all week...I don't know how she does it! I don't leave the house if it's -10 or more! :freeze:

My partner works in that area and Dawson Creek as he's in the patch and if he gets reception he'll call. I probably see him a few days a month which is GREAT! Love my life as so! Lollll He said it was about that as temperature. But BC towards Van is sooooo much warmer.

Need to walk Nyala somehow as she's a pain in the butt. Won't leave me alone to work. Might get her booties. That will be a show on it's own lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.