We tried a new vet today!

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
It's not on the list but the vet herself has a bully, as well as some of the staff, and they see several in the area with great reviews. I decided to try it out since Rosco needed his last round of shots and I had some questions. He seemed to really like the place compared to the other. She seemed very knowledgeable about the breed and answered questions I didn't even ask.

So he got his final shots, he's gained 12lbs[emoji15] since his last visit! I think he's going to be a big boy! She said his nostrils look great, pallet seems good, tail is perfect, head was nice, etc. She asked if I was going to breed him since he doesn't seem to have any of the big issues so far and he looks so good. I also liked that she wasn't pushing the neutering and she said some of the vaccines are a waste but certain places require them. I liked that she seemed a bit holistic in that sense and wasn't against home cooking or raw.

Oh and he seems a little thin to me even though I've upped his food intake but I thought maybe he was just growing taller and that was why. She said he is on the thinner side but I just need to feed him more. I'm sure he will be happy about that but I may run out of time and money to keep enough calories in him through out the day. Oh and his anemia is gone too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's not on the list but the vet herself has a bully, as well as some of the staff, and they see several in the area with great reviews. I decided to try it out since Rosco needed his last round of shots and I had some questions. He seemed to really like the place compared to the other. She seemed very knowledgeable about the breed and answered questions I didn't even ask.

So he got his final shots, he's gained 12lbs[emoji15] since his last visit! I think he's going to be a big boy! She said his nostrils look great, pallet seems good, tail is perfect, head was nice, etc. She asked if I was going to breed him since he doesn't seem to have any of the big issues so far and he looks so good. I also liked that she wasn't pushing the neutering and she said some of the vaccines are a waste but certain places require them. I liked that she seemed a bit holistic in that sense and wasn't against home cooking or raw.

Oh and he seems a little thin to me even though I've upped his food intake but I thought maybe he was just growing taller and that was why. She said he is on the thinner side but I just need to feed him more. I'm sure he will be happy about that but I may run out of time and money to keep enough calories in him through out the day. Oh and his anemia is gone too!!

Great visit for sure... gonna stay with the new vet?

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Job Roscoe, its so nice to find a vet that has Bullies, we found one, she is AMAZING,we see her when we can, just wish she was closer!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Any vet that is for holistic and not against home cooking or raw, well that's a great vet in my book. Not pushing to buy RC is double great!

Keeper for sure!

OP
BethD

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Great visit for sure... gonna stay with the new vet?

Yes, I'm pleased with our visit today. Now if he needs surgery for something I will talk with them more to make sure of their EBD knowledge, probably ask for references, and talk to other owners in my area. It's really close to me, they sell sentinel which is hard to find around here apparently(all the places I called are pushing trifexis, other vet wouldn't even write a script for sentinel) and the bully vets on the list are further away. The price today wasn't much more than I paid at the other place and like I say, Rosco seemed much more social and happy here. It's like searching for a pediatrician all over again[emoji23]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
. It's like searching for a pediatrician all over again[emoji23]

Sure is

Most Reactions