How to get Bulldog from randomly peeing?

yvang062

Dec 5, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baymax
Our English Bulldog, Baymax, is 1 years old now. Is it normal for him to constantly pee in his crate?

It seems to happen often when Baymax does this, is after seeing us, as if it's out of excitement.

Any advice to help control this?

He is in his crate for at lest 8-9 hours during the week days, while we're all are at work and school.

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
Mmmmm not sure others would agree but I think 8-9 is too long for a one year old to be crated. Is there any possible way you could have a sitter come in u til he gets older for one hour break out of the crate? Brosco is 7 going on 8 and if we have to leave for over 7 hours we get a sitter Just an idea good luck

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yeah... I think Baymax just can't hold it. There is some info on this board if you can find the thread about how long a particular EBD (Male/Female, age, size) can go in between bathroom trips / walks outside. I remember reading up in anticipation of bringing home our fella. That just seems too long an amount of time for what is still considered a puppy to be crated and not expect any accidents.

These guys can take in a lot of water at one time, don't let the mess fool ya! What goes in, must come out :whew:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
No wonder he pees from excitement when you come home-that's a long day in the crate! You should be honored,if that's all he does!!! When mine weren't totally trained, I used washable nursing home pads. He is still only a baby at one year old. Sometimes people expect too much of a little kid!:paci::potty:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Please try to arrange for shorter hours home alone as 'at least 8-9 hours' is way too long - an adult dog needs to go out every six hours or so, and he is just a year old so he needs to go out more often. Can you perhaps leave him at a dog day care? Or have someone come in mid day to take him out?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try removing all bedding if you can not have a mid day break for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.