Does your dog whine if you are late for a meal?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Fezzik was whining his head off and was very upset about something. He usually gets this way when his favorite ball is under the furniture. I asked him what was wrong and I followed him as he led me to his food bin. I think his belly was rumbling and he was upset I wasn't feeding him.

Does your bully whine when you are late for meals?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yep. Tyson will stare at me and whine until I get up. Then he runs to the kitchen.
Demanding little things aren't they!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jersey

Community Veteran
May 19, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jersey
Lol! What a smart boy! Jersey doesn't whine if I'm late feeding her, she just stands in front of her food bowl and stares at it.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky does a grunting noise when he wants something and he does get unhappy when he isn't fed on time. The changing of time messed with him this year and he was grunting and walking around outside my bedroom door until i got up to feed him. He knows he is fed later on weekend mornings though and sleeps in like I do

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yep, I get the grumbles and finally the bark. The time change has really messed up our schedule, or should I say HIS schedule! Mornings are OK, it's dinner time where he gets impatient.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=8888]Jersey[/MENTION] too funny

Nyala never whines for food or if she needs to potty. She'll start roaming around the kitchen at 4:30ish. Like feeeed meeeee. Or if she needs to go outside she just sits in front of the door n stare at it. Like thank god it's a french door. Lolll

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer does some of all these things mentioned so far. If he gets really hungry (dinner time running late for some reason), he will find me and give a quick bark then go look directly at his food bowl which sits up on a shelf between feeding times. He is very good at communicating what he specifically wants.

His older buddy, Buster (almost 10 year old Shih Tzu) comes and sits for about an hour before dinner in front of the mat where they are fed - like clockwork. He is a piece of work too :weirdo:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Breakfast and supper are like a circus at our house. The 4 dogs (Amber, Ruby, Ralph, and Austin) will be one inch away from you until you feed them; if you miss the 5pm feeding they all sit in the kitchen and start dueling. The 2 cats are on auto fed on top of the refrigerator (Ralph is over 6 foot on his hind legs so he will eat the cats food anywhere else) and look down at you in hopes of a piece of ham, turkey, etc. They quit literally make things unbearable until you feed them.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Cami, like me, is slightly grumpy & bossy as she ages (8 1/2) and doesn't mess around.

She'll go into the kitchen and sit down and gives a short, sharp bark...ugh...it goes right
thru me every time. She also does this if she goes to the door and I don't notice her. Or,
begging for a bite of my meal, she gets scolded for this & stops it, she knows it's rude ;)

Cami is serious about her food, lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My guys wil go sit in place in the kitchen (there waiting space) and look around like ' well, we're waiting!,
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]. ... post the video of Vegas whining for dinner

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel isn't a whiner, but she definitely has ways of letting us know she is hungry. We have to be on watch during the day to be sure she goes out. She'll stand at the back door, but doesn't make a sound or otherwise let us know she has to go.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
One of my dogs comes and stares at me,starting about a half hour before the usual feeding time. The others just "snooze" with one eye on me. If I go in the kitchen and get their dishes, they start doing a happy dance!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.