ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I feel like an absolute zombie this morning...

Willow is fine, except she keeps gagging which I know is completely normal and then sometimes she throws up. She did it once last night, but I was on edge so every time she coughed or gagged I would just out of bed. The vet called me twice yesterday to check on her (have I mentioned how much I LOVE my vet) so she knows what is going on.

I have an appointment this morning, and then I'm staying home to keep a watch on her and decorate for Christmas. LORD give me strength and plenty of caffeine!!! Lol :coffee:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
All a part of the healing process. Some dogs just don't tolerate the general anesthesia very well. She'll come around, slowly but surely...and be a much better breather. My advice is for you to try to sleep when she does...like we would with a newborn baby.

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
I feel you! Last year my Boston had a cyst removed...he didn't do well with the drugs. He literally stayed up crying the first night...I think he also couldn't get comfortable with the cone on. Either way, I felt like I was dealing with a newborn baby...I couldn't sleep, I couldn't leave his side without worrying...it was awful! Pretty sure surgery is harder on us then them! Hope Willows appointment goes well today! Your vet sounds fantastic! So nice to have a good vet!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Make sure you plan a nap in there for yourself! Hope tonight is better and Willow is back to normal soon. :hug:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I feel you! Last year my Boston had a cyst removed...he didn't do well with the drugs. He literally stayed up crying the first night...I think he also couldn't get comfortable with the cone on. Either way, I felt like I was dealing with a newborn baby...I couldn't sleep, I couldn't leave his side without worrying...it was awful! Pretty sure surgery is harder on us then them! Hope Willows appointment goes well today! Your vet sounds fantastic! So nice to have a good vet!

Oh that sounds miserable... I got a cone that was inflatable for my other dogs so they could as least sleep w/that dang thing on. My vet is an absolute angel, she is the BEST!!!

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Oh that sounds miserable... I got a cone that was inflatable for my other dogs so they could as least sleep w/that dang thing on. My vet is an absolute angel, she is the BEST!!!

I got one of those on day 3! I didn't know they were a thing! Such a lifesaver!! Except my dog looked like his head was stuck in a doughnut!
dutchie.jpg

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I feel you stress Tracey, I hope Willow is getting much better now and yes you do need to take care of yourself too, but I'm sure we would all be doing the same I dont remember worrying so much about my skin kids probably did but that was so long ago i have forgotten.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Your Vet sounds AMAZING!! Ellie and I are wishing you some Zzzz and Willow a quick recovery.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
They say a good night cap before bed will help. And I man "A" like one, uno lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey just wanted to update you guys... Willow is doing fine. She is still on a soft diet, and we were TRYING to keep her activity level low :laugh:I brought out all the Christmas stuff and both pups went nuts... wait till the tree comes down tomorrow!!! Ugh... Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes... you guys keep me somewhat sane!!! Lol

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy she is doing better, and soon will be back to herself. :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww just reading this now Tracey, I'm glad Willow is doing better, and I hope you get some sleep tonight. I'm sure each day she will feel a little better. Hoping she has a quick and easy recovery and has better breathing. Take Care Hun.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great to hear she's doing better, but have you gotten any sleep...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.