ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I am glad to hear Willow made it out of surgery OK. I don't recall Bentley having the puking episodes when he had his procedure done. Our vet said use Pepcid but only 10mg of Fumotidine (?sp) aka Pepcid AC which has 20 mg of the active ingredient for Jewel's empty tummy syndrome episodes.

Bottom line, glad she is home and she will be better soon enough.

I got her the original 10 mg pepcid, but I haven't given it to her yet... the vet said that she thinks it may be a reaction to the morphine that she gave her, some dogs are more sensitive. OR it could be excessive stomach acid... her surgery was SO late yesterday because of an emergency. I just gave her sirloin & rice and she has been fine, so maybe she can't handle that damn canned food from the vets. She literally almost knocked me over getting to the sirloin... Lol

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OK so this is really weird... I'm NOT sure if her tummy finally got some of the anti-vomiting med OR she just didn't like the can food from the vets. I made her some sirloin & rice, and she just gobbled it up... NO vomiting!!! The can food is that Puring EN Gastroenteric stuff... she would only eat it from my hand.

I made plenty of sirloin and rice, so I'm just going to give her that for the next 5 days... spoiled baby!!! :rofl:

As she should be, the Vet perscribed that Purina EN CRAP for Ellie a little while back when she had some tummy trouble, when MS Ellie swallowed a squeaker a Nannys house, that we didnt know about, and within 15 min of feeding that stuff came right back up, SO Ms Ellie Had NO more of that, and mommy made her Boiled Chicken and Rice, with pumpkin, and some Pecid, and she was good as new, once we found that darn squeaker!!:whew:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so happy that all went well. I'm sure she just can't handle the prescription food...smart girl. Sirloin will beat it coming and going...if she still has to vomit...

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Sorry Willow, Ray and you had a rough night and that Miss Willow got sick. I am sure dogs all over would be jealous to know she is eating steak for the next 5 days though. LOL

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry Willow, Ray and you had a rough night and that Miss Willow got sick. I am sure dogs all over would be jealous to know she is eating steak for the next 5 days though. LOL

Steak? Dogs jealous? I AM JEALOUS!:gimmefood:

TooTooMommy

Jun 17, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meaty, Sophie, & sometimes fosters
Aww....I read all your updates and am SO happy she's okay now! Annnd, now I'm craving sirlion and rice! :D

I know EVERYBULLY can relate to the nerves----when our babies were neutered/ spayed, it was their FIRST time getting
any kind of anesthesia, and after reading tooo many horror stories, I was scared--EVEN THOUGH our vet is pawsome!
It was a longgg day! I made cookies, prayed, made MORE cookies--LOL...., scrubbed the house, etc! When the phone
call FINALLY came that they were fine----WHOA!!! :) (oh, and FYI---the vet and his staff got most of the cookies!) :D

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I got her the original 10 mg pepcid, but I haven't given it to her yet... the vet said that she thinks it may be a reaction to the morphine that she gave her, some dogs are more sensitive. OR it could be excessive stomach acid... her surgery was SO late yesterday because of an emergency. I just gave her sirloin & rice and she has been fine, so maybe she can't handle that damn canned food from the vets. She literally almost knocked me over getting to the sirloin... Lol

Good Girl Willow. Play speed racer with Mommy and get that steak. I usually give my guys hamburger. Boy it sure is a shave you can't afford to have yours cut-up like ours. :yes:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad Willow is so much better. I bet she really loved her sirloin and rice, Great Baby she is.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good Girl Willow. Play speed racer with Mommy and get that steak. I usually give my guys hamburger. Boy it sure is a shave you can't afford to have yours cut-up like ours. :yes:

It is hamburger, ground sirloin... LOL What you guys thought I was giving her a filet?!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
@ddnene Boiled sirlion and rice is what I give the boys when they have an upset tummy. It does the trick everytime. It gives the tummy time to settle and the boys love it. Just remember it is not as filling as kibble so you should feed three times a day instead of two.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope Willow is doing okay now! Yes, I thought she was having a sirloin steak! High dollar dog food-in fact it's probably cheaper than the dog foods we all feed! [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hope Willow is doing okay now! Yes, I thought she was having a sirloin steak! High dollar dog food-in fact it's probably cheaper than the dog foods we all feed! @ddnene

She is doing great, slept like a log last night. Sorry my computer was not working this morning... UGH time to get a new one!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is doing great, slept like a log last night. Sorry my computer was not working this morning... UGH time to get a new one!!!

Happy to read is is getting better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.