Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awesome news, Tracey, all is right with your world again.

As it should be ALL the time but life...

I give thanks, my sweet friend, for these blessings that come
and lift us up :)

Please give Ms Willow a soft kiss & one for gnarly WallyGator.

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I just got the call... Willow is in recovery and doing fine!!! Ray is going to pick her up here in an hour or so... :whew:

Thank you guys for ALL your support... LOVE YOU!!! :drawheart:

SO HAPPY!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am glad Willow is doing good.

Gatlinburg is 45 minutes from me and they are saying over 100 building were burned down and 70+ of them homes. We have had wildfires locally for the past 2-3 weeks but they have all been contained to the woods. Gatlinburg has 70+mph winds last night so that didn't help much and I hope they are getting the same rain I got today with more coming tomorrow

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
I'm so sorry I am just reading this now! So relieved to hear that it all went well. Sending hugs, healing thoughts and prayers to Willow :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Very good news.
Continued good luck in her recovery

I love the Smokey Mtns. We used to go to Bryson, NC every year and drive into TN on "The Dragon". I hope they can get those fires under vontrol and end this. It's such beautiful country.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Wonderful all went well for Precious Willow. Give her a Kiss from Me and Elmo

OP
ddnene

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
UPDATE...

Willow had a rough night last night, Ray slept w/her in the guest room and she kept throwing up. She is on a soft food diet for 5 days, and I was hand feeding her about 2 tablespoons at a time to see if she could hold it down. I just put in a call to the vet to see if I can give her some anti-nausea meds that I have here for Walter. Other than the vomiting she is acting completely normal... she KEEPS jumping on the couch, and I'm sure that is NOT helping w/the stomach issues. About an hour after she got home she started giving Walter the stink-eye so I knew that she was doing fine... :rofl: Ray is sleeping now since he was up all night w/her, and after taking Lily to school I'm home w/Willow all day.

When I talked to the vet last night she said that her nares were tight, but she was surprised how LONG her pallet was... she said it was 1/2 inch longer than it should have been and she needed to use a hook to get all of it. She is pretty small at 35 pounds, and her mouth is small as well... I had suspected her pallet was long, but I'm shocked. Thank God we had this procedure done!!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
amazing they were able to take care of everything in one go! when Lola had her elongated palate taken care of, even though she was sick to her stomach and very tired, we could tell immediately that she could breathe better. huge relief for us that day, and we're relieved it went well for Willow and you too!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So so happy that all went well! Now hope that the vomiting ceases,and all will be calm!! Is that a new word for you [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] ? :pray::yes:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So so happy that all went well! Now hope that the vomiting ceases,and all will be calm!! Is that a new word for you @ddnene ? :pray::yes:

What vomiting?!! Lol

I gave her two doses of the anti-vomiting med and she threw them each up about 30 min later... Ugh!!! I'm going to try and give her pepcid here in a bit...

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
SOOOOO glad to hear, all went well, stinky that she has an upset belly, what did the vet say about the medicine??

Hope Ms Willow is feeling better soon!! HUGS from Me and Ellie.:hug:

Ellie had a tough night too, she got the poops overnight:facepalm:, every two hours, but the only damn thing I can think of she was playing really hard with her jolly ball on Sunday that had tons of mud, chopped up leaves (none that could get stuck, hubby mulches up the leaves in TINY Peices), and OH so much fun to clean up - HAHAHAHAHAH!!... BUT Hubby (Bob) is home with her today, and I have been checking in like a crazy mommy, and she getting better, and snoozing on the couch

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I am glad to hear Willow made it out of surgery OK. I don't recall Bentley having the puking episodes when he had his procedure done. Our vet said use Pepcid but only 10mg of Fumotidine (?sp) aka Pepcid AC which has 20 mg of the active ingredient for Jewel's empty tummy syndrome episodes.

Bottom line, glad she is home and she will be better soon enough.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
SOOOOO glad to hear, all went well, stinky that she has an upset belly, what did the vet say about the medicine??

Hope Ms Willow is feeling better soon!! HUGS from Me and Ellie.:hug:

Ellie had a tough night too, she got the poops overnight:facepalm:, every two hours, but the only damn thing I can think of she was playing really hard with her jolly ball on Sunday that had tons of mud, chopped up leaves (none that could get stuck, hubby mulches up the leaves in TINY Peices), and OH so much fun to clean up - HAHAHAHAHAH!!... BUT Hubby (Bob) is home with her today, and I have been checking in like a crazy mommy, and she getting better, and snoozing on the couch

Oh gosh... I hope she feels better soon!!!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OK so this is really weird... I'm NOT sure if her tummy finally got some of the anti-vomiting med OR she just didn't like the can food from the vets. I made her some sirloin & rice, and she just gobbled it up... NO vomiting!!! The can food is that Puring EN Gastroenteric stuff... she would only eat it from my hand.

I made plenty of sirloin and rice, so I'm just going to give her that for the next 5 days... spoiled baby!!! :rofl:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.