how many crates?

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
So if we do buy Dozer, I'm wondering how many crates we'll need. One in our bedroom and one in the living room? I imagine we might have to crate him sometimes when we're home (maybe I'm wrong) and I don't think he'd like to be in the bedroom w/out us. And then crate him at night. How many crates do you have?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I don't have any crates at all... but it sounds fair to have one where he sleeps at night, and one where you spend the most time so he can sleep in it if needed:)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I just have one in the car for drives but!! but,,, I did have fencing that I used (mobile), so I could easily move from room to room and have a visual on him and help with potty training...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We just have one fir each of the boys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I have two crates and two play pens for Bella. (I used one crate and one play pen when she was a puppy.)

Now, I don't use the play pens, but they were invaluable when she was a crazy puppy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can get one crate, and a play pin (X-pin) in the living room or kitchen for the day time. Once he gets older and used to everything, you can move his crate to a room of his own if you choose to, and he will stay in there at night and when you are gone.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
One per dog + 1 more fore a guest + 1 for the car...so at present, 8.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So if we do buy Dozer, I'm wondering how many crates we'll need. One in our bedroom and one in the living room? I imagine we might have to crate him sometimes when we're home (maybe I'm wrong) and I don't think he'd like to be in the bedroom w/out us. And then crate him at night. How many crates do you have?

Ive been reading so much about this dozer... when on earth you getting it??????
One kennel is enough. I dont allow Nyala to sleep in my room. She roams the house and sleeps where she wants which is usually in the living room. As a pup she would sleep in her kennel till she was 6 months old. When I would go out shes was also in her kennel. The kennel door has been open since she was 8 months old. So she goes where she wants. Nyala is not a destructive dog. Once in a while I see a shoe here or there but she does that when I leave and come back late.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I've got two. One in the kitchen area with door removed and one in the bedroom. I like the collapsible 36in Midwest life stages one we have in the bedroom. It collapse to fit in the trunk for travel. He only rarely uses the one in the kitchen since he started sleeping in the bedroom.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
No crates for Castor although he rides in a safety crate in the car. He has two beds (one in my study and one in my son's bedroom) but at night he prefers sleeping in my son's bed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.