Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: chewing on sticks/branches

I never leave Tank unattended, as he always tries to eat sticks, stones etc. When he was a baby, he chewed wooden step, while silly mom left him unattended vacuuming around and hearing nothing. And "luckily" 3-4 days after this accident he got sick with parvovirus. I say luckily, because when he vomited many times, I found in one pile of vomit an egg size bunch of super sharp splinters!!! They were from that chewed step! It was hard to believe, that someone so small could swallow that sharp big object! How it could pass through his esophagus, I wonder. But dogs cannot spit, if they started swallowing something, they cannot stop. If not parvovirus which helped him to vomit it out, those splinters would cause blockage and tears, that's for sure.

So, now I always keep eye on him. And I had even to stop giving him treats long before he developed allergy, because this little crocodile already tried to choke several times. He just tries to swallow everything.

2. Likes cefe13, PinkJem liked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    BTW do you know Castor in french means beaver? Well there is your answer for your photos
    Oh, yes - we actually named him after one ! One of our children's book favourite characters is called Castor. Castor the book character (who is called Harvey in English translations...) is a very nice guy so that is why we thought it a good name. And with our Castor's paddle tail and love for chewing sticks too the name turned out to be perfect!

Castor is on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/castorthebulldog/

4. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Lambeau has to be watched as well.. he will eat anything he is able to chew. Cheli is just into eating grass no sticks

We but moose antlers as the boys are more interested in those than the deer... the split antlers are the soft messy ones which I would not recommend. Raw marrow are their all time favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully Bootie Duty Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Dozer has always been a 4 legged vacuum, as a pup he would eat grass and mulch if he could get it down before I got it out and carry rocks around in his mouth. Still picks up acorns, sticks and the odd bug... I have to watch him like a Hawk. He has keen eyesight and smell, doesn't miss a thing on our walks.

7. Likes PinkJem, helsonwheels liked this post
    Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Thanks so much everyone! Boy it seems there are a lot of vacuums out there! His owner has posted a couple of pics on FB with him with a stick in his mouth. Looks like if we get him, we'll have a vacuum too

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads