Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Hi All!!

Just to come share some good news....

Ellie has had quite a long road in the potty training dept.

We FINALLY are on the right track, after a couple UTI's, Struvite Crystals, multiple rounds of antibiotics, a Heat Cycle, and determination from mom and dad, and Dr Charlie, Ellie is on day 11 with NO accidents in her crate OR the house :happydance: AND She has started ASKING to go out when she has to potty, just the past few days, but she IS GETTING it.

Dr Charlie did put Ellie on a supplement called Petameth, to help keep her Urine PH down, to keep her from forming crystals, as she was forming them without any infections, Ellie is doing well on it, just wondering if anyone has ever used this supplement, from the research I have done it is also called Methionine, and is safe

Ellie is also in Potty boot camp in her crate, with NO bedding, and reduced but safe area, mommy feels HORRIBLE about her having to lay on the plastic tray, she has had success in her crate in the past with not peeing on her bedding, just wondering if might be able to re-introduce some bedding down the road??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Good job Melissa! !!! One thing you might consider is example, I put ACV in Nyala's water. She probably doesn't need it cause of her h8me cook meals but it's not a bad habit .

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Good news :) I think you'll be able to let her have bedding in her crate eventually, but I would still wait for quite a while so she doesn't fall in to old habits:unsure:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great news --- you MIGHT be able to reintroduce bedding, but I would wait at least a couple of months. And, if she has an accident you'll know she is just one of those dogs that can not have any bedding

Members online

No members online now.