Penny TPLO follow up/update!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Well- we are about 5 weeks in and Penny is healing great! Doc says she's a little ahead of schedule and is pretty much the poster pup for TPLO! She pretty much has no restrictions inside, she can go on our regular length walks (to help with a small amount of muscle atrophy since the surgery), just no hard running- who are we kidding, this is Penny I'm talking about. Lol.
One more follow up with X-rays in a month, and we will go from there. But all in all- she's doing amazing!

PS- proud EB mom moment. Doc says Penny and Lockjaw are probably the prettiest and well-kept EB's he's come across! Says they are beautiful and keep up everything I'm doing for them!

It's awesome to finally find a vet that doesn't make me feel guilty for having EB's!

f90b1b3a46e6dfe5c6b0fa6debc9d0da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyrie06

Sep 1, 2014
Seattle, WA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank & Nala
That's awesome Penny is doing so great in recovery. I just dropped Tank off for his TPLO surgery. He's 5.5 yrs old. This is our first time having to go through this. He wasn't too happy with me this morning on our way to the vet. Every time I would start talking to him, I would get choked up. This is the look I got the entire trip lol
IMG_6004_1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Well- we are about 5 weeks in and Penny is healing great! Doc says she's a little ahead of schedule and is pretty much the poster pup for TPLO! She pretty much has no restrictions inside, she can go on our regular length walks (to help with a small amount of muscle atrophy since the surgery), just no hard running- who are we kidding, this is Penny I'm talking about. Lol.
One more follow up with X-rays in a month, and we will go from there. But all in all- she's doing amazing!

PS- proud EB mom moment. Doc says Penny and Lockjaw are probably the prettiest and well-kept EB's he's come across! Says they are beautiful and keep up everything I'm doing for them!

It's awesome to finally find a vet that doesn't make me feel guilty for having EB's!

f90b1b3a46e6dfe5c6b0fa6debc9d0da.jpg

GOOD JOB Ms Penny -Keep up the the good work!!

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome Penny is doing so great in recovery. I just dropped Tank off for his TPLO surgery. He's 5.5 yrs old. This is our first time having to go through this. He wasn't too happy with me this morning on our way to the vet. Every time I would start talking to him, I would get choked up. This is the look I got the entire trip lol
IMG_6004_1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tank!! - you got this!!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
IMG_6004_1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

He'll do great!!!!! I cried when I dropped Penny off, but I would definitely do it all again. Seeing how much happier she is and especially how much easier it seems to be for her to get around makes it soooo worth it!
Definitely keep us updated on his progress! I'll be praying for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So happy to hear the wonderful update on Penny. She is such a beautiful girl, love love love that face!
[MENTION=12720]Kyrie06[/MENTION] - Tank will do great, keep us posted on him today! Will be praying everything goes smooth and he's home resting tonight!

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Yay Penny! So glad she has recovered so well!!! [MENTION=12720]Kyrie06[/MENTION] , Tank will do great! Keep us posted, I'll be praying with everyone else!!! Ps. Sgt. gives me that look regularly! No trip to the vet required!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awesome update for a beautiful girl!

Great job Momma!!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So good to hear these stories of success :) And :) Isn't it wonderful to achieve those "proud mommy" moments :) We all do our best but I tell ya, these guys take a lot of work and for it to be noticed had to feel great :) Sometimes when people comment on what a great looking dog I got, I think,,, they have no idea what it takes to keep um that way ;) .. Keep up the 'healing' and all the best to Tank... Boy do they tug at our hearts...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I totally agree with your Vet-those two are awesome! So happy that Penny is doing well!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Great News, you should be very proud of your babies...and the awesome job you've done!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
This is the look I got the entire trip...
IMG_6004_1.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
He looks cool as a cucumber...he should be just fine as long as you follow Dr's orders to the letter.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Great news!!! For sure awesome babies...
[MENTION=12720]Kyrie06[/MENTION], Tank will do great! !! Hang in there he's a little trooper!

brittanync

Dec 9, 2016
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Carl
Hi Corine,
i'm so glad Penny is doing great!! My Carl is in surgery has I type this for the same surgery, he's having both knees done thought. =( Any advise or tips with recovery? I've never been through anything like this before and I want to make sure his recovery goes smoothly!

Thanks!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Hi Corine,
i'm so glad Penny is doing great!! My Carl is in surgery has I type this for the same surgery, he's having both knees done thought. =( Any advise or tips with recovery? I've never been through anything like this before and I want to make sure his recovery goes smoothly!

Thanks!

How did Carl's surgery go? I sent u a message.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.