Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Penny had another follow up today. She's doing great! Vet said her recovery/healing is very textbook!
Only setback is that she has started to SLIGHTLY limp on her right leg now. [emoji85]
Doc said that while there is the possibility of ACL injury to that leg. Right now he didn't really feel movement from drawer testing and that it could just be sore from over compensation. And that he wouldn't jump the gun just yet. Plus she is putting weight on it without issue.
Last follow up will be 02 Jan and he said he would re-evaluate that leg when he takes final X-rays, but for now- she's on Rimadyl again (low dose) and continue to rest and heal.
PRAY that the just soft tissue/muscle soreness and not the other ACL so soon! [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:pray:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
The right leg had been bearing the bulk of the workload. Completely understandable that it's sore/tired.
I hope she's done with leg issues and just needs more rest and healing.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Wonderful News on Penny. Tank You will do Wonderful Also, Love You Both Sweet Ones. Susan and Elmo

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Corine that is great news. In reference to the taking care of EB's...our vet says the same thing about our two bullies and that we are good for this breed. Comment from the staff say Jewel and Bentley do not smell like other bullies meaning other clients probably do not do as much for there bullies in the way of hygiene.

Super to hear bout Penny. Jewel is mending well and has another 2 weeks to go for more x-rays and to see if she will be taken off of "injured reserve."

Most Reactions