marking when he had been so easily potty trained

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Just after the other post about 'marking' my boy has just started peeing in the house. It's great I have hardwood floors but REALLY??? !!!!!! He was so simple to potty train with NO accidents for 5 months and now he decides to do this... The worst is, (to me) is I finally caught him in the act ( I have two other animals) and had to scold him... My heart hearts so bad... I mean really bad.. I feel like I've hurt his feelings and I just want to cry.... I just jumped up and yelled NO and 'drug' him outside, but the look on his face... awful.. So now what do I do?? do I just have to suck it up and do that again if it happens??? and.................. beings he just 2 weeks ago started lifting his leg outside (still clumsy) I attribute it to that but! I also have added (was using the acana fish) the Origen fish to his meal. Could it have to do with something in there??? sorry so lengthy, but I think I'm trying to talk out my woes...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ive fed all my dogs orijen and that has nothing to do with your boy's issue. He's still young and it will happen. We all feel bad when we punish them as they all have that sad glued on face! Dont feel bad as you're doing the right thing. He has no right to pee in the house. Make sure to use vinegar on your floors and make sure you clean the cracks. Vinegar eliminates all smell. Like that they dont go back. Restart his training from day one. Put him out last pee/business around 11pm abd up at 5 or 6am. Out during the day every 4 hrs. It sucks but it will kick in faster since he already knows how to. Btw, any uti issues?

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Ive been through the same thing here!!

Chunky will not pee in his room of the house but will all other rooms. We go outside often when I am home for walks or to play ball and he still does it after not for close to 8 months of no messes. I really hate this because I was allowing him to be out of his room at night and now I have to put him up again so he spends the majority of the time in his room during the week.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank goodness I'm home with him all the time (almost) so will re/start the process from the beginning... THANKS :) No uti's. He did it so casually and really didn't like my scolding so hopefully, because his first round, there was no need for scolding, (just learned the natural place to potty was outside) he will now see that its also wrong! Even if it kills me :( ..... And I sure hope mr chunkywhite will get in line too!!! It's hard to believe they would do this.. Hank would always take off like a bat outta heck to get outside (door always open) and would never thought he would have flipped..

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
6 months is still a pup... sometimes they can forget or be lazy. You to raise the voice and drag him out like you did or just plain re-start the training or keep washing floors. :fie:

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We are in a similar boat with Missi :( -- granted she is only 9 weeks old :babysleep: ...but we have been taking her out faithfully everytime she wakes up, after naps, after play time. (about 2 hr or less intervals) Etc... Last night -- she came in from doing her business.. sniffed and squatted on an area rug - NO ! :ohmy: we thought we stopped her... took her back out immediately she walked through the yard, the wife says she squatted ok, no biggy. Bring her back in *ZOOM* directly to that rug, same area, Squat NO ! :facepalm2: it happened 3 times. Unfortunately the area rug is one of those ultra absorbent ones, so its tough to find the Exact spot -- This weekends project -- BLACKLIGHT (ordered LED Blacklight on Amazon last night) find the spot, soak the crap out of it with Natures Miracle Roll up the run until after puppy stage ! -- The wife was frustrated with me 'How could you let her . . .' 'I dont let her run around the house like you do' :bitching: (I watch her like a hawk, she's never done this before, and she is limited to living room and kitchen - open concept) and I'm frustrated with the wife :cursing:-- instead of using the Naturals Miracle like directed (saturate the area) she's using it like Fabreeze -- thinking a little spray will 'cover it up' - - - - I was about tempted to get out of my wheelchair and climb down on the floor to 'do it right' *sigh* :facepalm::facepalm1: OK Morning vent over --------- Puppies.... Puppies... puppies.... gotta love um.. but some times... someeeeee times :p

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh goodness,,, first RaRett,, you cracked me up!!!! ohhhhhhhhhhh the struggles we forget when we fall prey to those babies... and at least your little one IS just a baby,, and very good idea about the 'black light' ! .... Hank's was so easy to train (actually, looking back, it was me that was trained) so this 9 month thing really baffled me... I'm guessing he's thinking he's the "man of the house" and not just being "lazy"? but beings I've taken the advice here and watching like a hawk, and re-doing the whole process, I hope to have it over shortly ;) I do hope to not keeping having to "wash the floors @ helsonwheels..:) ...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
oh goodness,,, first RaRett,, you cracked me up!!!! ohhhhhhhhhhh the struggles we forget when we fall prey to those babies... and at least your little one IS just a baby,, and very good idea about the 'black light' ! .... Hank's was so easy to train (actually, looking back, it was me that was trained) so this 9 month thing really baffled me... I'm guessing he's thinking he's the "man of the house" and not just being "lazy"? but beings I've taken the advice here and watching like a hawk, and re-doing the whole process, I hope to have it over shortly ;) I do hope to not keeping having to "wash the floors @ helsonwheels..:) ...

It does happens sometimes, you just have to go back to basics and reinforce the training

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
One thing I JUST thought of, and it was because of last night, Missi likes to try to chew on Dottie's fingers and pants cuffs - I had Dottie roll her on her back, (submissive) and hold her there for a few moments until she gives up (took Missi about 60-90 seconds before she quit wiggling)...and Submits. She'll stop wiggling. he *MIGHT* be trying to establish his dominance -- this will show him who's boss :) BTW no issues today of her trying to nibble on Dotties fingers

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
One thing I JUST thought of, and it was because of last night, Missi likes to try to chew on Dottie's fingers and pants cuffs - I had Dottie roll her on her back, (submissive) and hold her there for a few moments until she gives up (took Missi about 60-90 seconds before she quit wiggling)...and Submits. She'll stop wiggling. he *MIGHT* be trying to establish his dominance -- this will show him who's boss :) BTW no issues today of her trying to nibble on Dotties fingers

Good thoughts right there to express :-) so far, since I caught him in the act in two places, he has not repeated his peeing/marking on anything. I laughed big time this morning when i watched as he walked to the place that I busted him at and then all of a sudden took off like a bat out of heck and ran outside. I actually think he went over there to do it again and remembered the wrath of his mother ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
humm, he might be thinking -- Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 --- ahhh NOPE mommy is gonna bust me

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
humm, he might be thinking -- Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 --- ahhh NOPE mommy is gonna bust me

Haha EXACTLY!! The little turds are brilliant little scamps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.