suggestion for bathing tub

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
My Hank is 43lbs and 9 months... Only going to get heaver,, right? Well, lifting him into my wash tub is getting difficult, and it's getting to short for him.. Any suggestions for tubs? I thought to put one between washer and dryer and have multi use, but thought i'd see if there is something I'm hopefully missing :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Gentle cycle might work :no:

Nyala is 45lbs and is getting heavy too as I have sliding glass door on the bath. I went to pet valu (a petshop) and for $10 I use their fancy spa roman style bath, their shampoo, a rubber apron, dryer, micro towels and even dog biscuit!!! After 6 wash the 7 is free. I figure, i dont have to wash my bath, done have to unclog it eventually, wash my tiles n doors as we all know dogs shakes it off...worth $10!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Gentle cycle might work :no:

Nyala is 45lbs and is getting heavy too as I have sliding glass door on the bath. I went to pet valu (a petshop) and for $10 I use their fancy spa roman style bath, their shampoo, a rubber apron, dryer, micro towels and even dog biscuit!!! After 6 wash the 7 is free. I figure, i dont have to wash my bath, done have to unclog it eventually, wash my tiles n doors as we all know dogs shakes it off...worth $10!

Thank you thank you thank you! I think I have a spot sort of like that within reason! They used to be one about 5 miles from me and I would like that anyways as he likes to go for the ride and loves baths. I'm going to look it up right now thank you! I'm still thinking of making a stand that he can walk up to outside so I can rinse off his feet and underbelly when he decides it's time to attack my hose when I'm trying to water.;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you thank you thank you! I think I have a spot sort of like that within reason! They used to be one about 5 miles from me and I would like that anyways as he likes to go for the ride and loves baths. I'm going to look it up right now thank you! I'm still thinking of making a stand that he can walk up to outside so I can rinse off his feet and underbelly when he decides it's time to attack my hose when I'm trying to water.;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

You're welcome

For outside I have a baby/kiddie pool. Living in Canada it's not all year round. Mind you I can get her some skates :)

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We bathe Tyson in a kiddie pool outside most of time. TX is pretty hot year round, except for a few cold months, Dec-Feb... usually he either doesn't get one in those months ;)

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks to each :) Sure got my head thinking... As well as an outside tub, I think I'm going to go to the nearby "do it yourself" for 15 buck a roos :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
On the odd occassion Monty gets a bath we take him to Unleashed by Petco. Same deal as Helene except we take our own shampoo instead of using theirs. Steps up into the bath and no bending over. It's great.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Laugh or be shocked, but I just bring them in the shower with me... so much easier than trying to lift them into a tub. All else fails, off to the groomer ;)

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Laugh or be shocked, but I just bring them in the shower with me... so much easier than trying to lift them into a tub. All else fails, off to the groomer ;)

no shocker :) Hanks would be way too happy to oblige but I'm afraid he's just to wiggly still :D

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart

Lucky Puppies :) :w00t::whistle::yes4:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.