Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
The comfort flex is a great collar and Chunky can use the same one now that he did when I first bought one when he was probably around 4 months old. I like the fact that it is padded and it looks great. I usually use a harness now when I take him for walks so I don't have to leave a collar on him but he wore it daily for 6 months or so before I started walking him with Julius harness

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
thanks CW ... I put one in my 'cart' as I receive my Julius and the breakaway collar tomorrow, I will see how they work and take it from there. I love that we get help like this :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
The comfort flex is a great collar and Chunky can use the same one now that he did when I first bought one when he was probably around 4 months old. I like the fact that it is padded and it looks great. I usually use a harness now when I take him for walks so I don't have to leave a collar on him but he wore it daily for 6 months or so before I started walking him with Julius harness

We will definitely get him another one if and when this one wears out. Monty is not a fan of going for walks so I don't bother putting his harness on for a walk down the driveway! I use his harness for bigger trips, vets etc.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
omg '1chum' .... You people are so funny.. Guess that's what we love about these guys, they are funny too :) Just loved the "not a big walker' deal. Hank loves his walks but HATES the leaving his property part. Loves it once hes out, but the 'stroll' and looking around like he has much better things to do while 'getting him out' can be quite humorous.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
These dogs really are funny! Monty makes me laugh every single day. If I am lucky enough to get him out of the driveway AND past next door, as soon as he has done what he needs to do, that's it. Brakes on, time to turn around. Now I know why they say "Never walk your bulldog farther than you can carry him!!" Monty is a dainty 69 lbs so there is no way I can carry him anywhere!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Oh goodness, silly boy. I'm afraid that I forget or will forget that this boy may put the brakes on and is a lot heavier than my little Shih Tzu that used to do that. I could just pick her up and enjoy the stroll home. Not going to happen with this boy and he's only 42 pounds at this time. At nine month, I hope he doesn't have a heck of a lot more to girl :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
We have adjusted it so that not much hangs down but is still a little loose around his big fat neck! We have had no problems with his shaking etc as his tags don't hang down more than a normal collar with a ring. If and when he pulls on a lead it tightens up so as not to slip over his head which was a problem we had with a normal collar and again his big fat neck!

View attachment 102168

Edited to add: Monty is never unsupervised except when he is in the house so we have no worries about him getting hung up on anything.

And thank you for the picture. I needed that I:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
We have ordered from collarmania.com before and really like it. It's a small business and the woman is super friendly and accomodating. You can pick the material, pattern (Ruckus has a Chicago Bears collar!), width, closure, etc.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use the Kong collars on Bulldozer and Blossom for short walks and just potty breaks, and we have the K9 Julius harnesses for longer walks.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.