compfy Dog collar.... not harness

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Soooooooooooo, I have the Julius K9 collar on order :) but,,,,,,,,,,,,, it's also time for a new collar to carry his license etc on. He is now wearing a breakaway collar that I do find fine, but before I go out and purchase a new one, thought i'd ask the pros here if they have recommendations :) Thanks :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I love Red Dingo products...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! Going to go check out right now :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
we use snapless Martingale only. Properly fitted they snug up around the neck when you pull from the metal loop and are loose when you don't.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you :) I do like the martingales but was a bit worrisome about leaving it on all the time ? I didn't keep a collar on my tzus but feel the need on this guy so let me know if this is one you can leave on as well.. Thanks :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We only take them off for bath time or on the rare occasion that our Lala and rescue Missy get together. Missy likes to cheat and will drag Lala around by he collar so we take it off. And FWIW, the collars hold up well to considerable abuse.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We are pleased with Monty's collar. We keep it on him at all times and use his harness for walks. I get paranoid about not having his tags on plus it is something to grab on on to! They sell them on Amazon too.

Collars — ComfortFlex

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
this is sooooo cute!!! oh what a stinker!!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
theres a lot I like about this collar but I cant quite figure out if it has a hanging part. the pic shows a piece that sticks out a couple of inches away from the main collar?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
...but I cant quite figure out if it has a hanging part.
The part you see hanging is where one would attach a lead and/or tags. The hanging part would be UP when walking and DOWN when no lead is attached. There is a metal loop on the adjustable end that can "slip" within a flattened loop on the fixed side of the collar allowing the collar to cinch up when the dog "pulls". The collars look nicely made and I like the idea of the padding. However, the design of the collar with the "hanging part" concerns me. When the dog shakes its head that hanging loop becomes a projectile flying around...especially with tags attached. That might cause injury to head, neck, or ears....or in close proximity, someone's leg.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank you all.. I'm still not decided as to what to do, but will enjoy the hunt :) I'm afraid of anything dangling, I'm with him 99% of the time but he loves sticking his head in bushes and I'm so afraid of him getting himself hungup somewhere.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
...he loves sticking his head in bushes...
LOL...if he's like my Oscar Mayer was, then he's looking for birds.
I've never seen another bully do that. Hank is special!

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I don't know how to send a link, but this is what I ordered...Petsafe KeepSafe Break-Away Collar .... I got on amazon and elsewhere they are about 30 dollars, but 7.69 as an "add on" item, free shipping if have prime on Amazon.. My reason being I'm just too scarred of him getting hung up on something or some other playful dog. Thanks for all suggestions..

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
LOL...if he's like my Oscar Mayer was, then he's looking for birds.
I've never seen another bully do that. Hank is special!

funny little things arent they :) I have to admit, I never ever thought of having one of these. My boyfriend got him as he "always" wanted one but his living and traveling and raising a puppy, well this little guy ended up in my hands. I couldn't be happier :-) he's very "special" as you. say

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
theres a lot I like about this collar but I cant quite figure out if it has a hanging part. the pic shows a piece that sticks out a couple of inches away from the main collar?

We have adjusted it so that not much hangs down but is still a little loose around his big fat neck! We have had no problems with his shaking etc as his tags don't hang down more than a normal collar with a ring. If and when he pulls on a lead it tightens up so as not to slip over his head which was a problem we had with a normal collar and again his big fat neck!

Monty Collar.jpg

Edited to add: Monty is never unsupervised except when he is in the house so we have no worries about him getting hung up on anything.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.