christaleigh123

Apr 8, 2015
MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spanky
It's been a very long time since I have posted on this forum! My Spanky will be 2 in February, and anyone who ever replied to my desperate posts.....you were all SO RIGHT!! Being consistent and patient with him has totally paid off! Most people don't believe us when we tell them that he isn't even 2 yet as he is so well behaved!! We just love him so much...such a funny guy! I have a question for you bully owners.....is yours obsessed with water?! Spanky will drink until he pukes, and then will go right back at it. Toilet seat left open? Spanky will have it drank dry. Just got out of the shower? Spanky will lick it dry. He is OBSESSED with being in the shower and trying to lick the faucet for just a drop of water. Outside? Licking the hose or the downspout. I'm sure this is pretty typical for these guys, but my goodness it's annoying!!! :whew:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope this is not anything serious with Spanky, but I would have him checked for Diabetes. Excessive thirst is one of the symptoms. I don't think a water "addiction" is a common bulldog thing,perhaps others will comment on this. [MENTION=14005]christaleigh123[/MENTION]

Dieter

Mar 31, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
Odin
Odin is now 8 months, and he has the same obsession, rain
.omg, cant swim, because he tries to empty the pool, and pukes. He just loves water

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

OP
C

christaleigh123

Apr 8, 2015
MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spanky
I hope this is not anything serious with Spanky, but I would have him checked for Diabetes. Excessive thirst is one of the symptoms. I don't think a water "addiction" is a common bulldog thing,perhaps others will comment on this. [MENTION=14005]christaleigh123[/MENTION]

Thanks for your reply! I also didn't really think this was normal. I brought it up to our veteranarian in August and he didn't seem too concerned with the situation...perhaps I need a second opinion or to just request a test?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I would also check for diabetes just to rule that out!

Castor is almost the opposite - drinks very little and doesn't like to go out in the rain as his feet will get wet!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for your reply! I also didn't really think this was normal. I brought it up to our veteranarian in August and he didn't seem too concerned with the situation...perhaps I need a second opinion or to just request a test?

Definitely a second opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C

christaleigh123

Apr 8, 2015
MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Spanky
Well, we went to the vet to have Spanky checked out due to this water issue. All of his blood work and urine samples came back clear?!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, we went to the vet to have Spanky checked out due to this water issue. All of his blood work and urine samples came back clear?!

Still any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.