hubby had to go to the hosp this morning so...

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
i didn't go to meet Dozer today. im thinking this just isnt the right time. so sad but my husband's health hasn't been great lately and i think i need to concentrate on him till things improve anyway. Hubby first, then bulldog, i guess (IM KIDDING IM KIDDING) :)

I'm going to try to hang out here anyway cuz you guys are fun and bulldogs are fun and i'd like to learn as much as i can so im ready when the day comes :)

ps hubby is doing better. he has afib and his blood pressure has been spiking at night and we don't know why :(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
i didn't go to meet Dozer today. im thinking this just isnt the right time. so sad but my husband's health hasn't been great lately and i think i need to concentrate on him till things improve anyway. Hubby first, then bulldog, i guess (IM KIDDING IM KIDDING) :)

I'm going to try to hang out here anyway cuz you guys are fun and bulldogs are fun and i'd like to learn as much as i can so im ready when the day comes :)

ps hubby is doing better. he has afib and his blood pressure has been spiking at night and we don't know why :(

Im sorry your husband is having health problems, I hope he feels better soon. Has he had a Sleep Study done? The reason I'm asking is Sleep Apnea can cause heart problems, and high blood pressure. Does hubby snore? If he does, you may want to ask the doctor to order a sleep study.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thanks Monica. No, he doesn't snore, but i guess it's still possible its sleep apnea.he is seeing his dr tomorrow to followup and he's going to mention that. thank you so much x

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Please stay w/our family... I'm sorry to hear about your hubby, you will know when it's the right time for you. In the meantime you can learn about bringing home your new bully...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks Monica. No, he doesn't snore, but i guess it's still possible its sleep apnea.he is seeing his dr tomorrow to followup and he's going to mention that. thank you so much x

Your welcome Hun. It never hurts to ask, or to rule it out.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hope your husband soon feels better! Yes, stay with EBN - this is a great forum!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hope hubby is doing better... STAY with us you never know when that new family might come along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Very sorry to hear your husband is having trouble. Get him sorted first and then you can focus on a Bully. Did he forget to take his Metoprolol...baby asprin? Hope he gets in rhythm quickly.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Very sorry to hear your husband is having trouble. Get him sorted first and then you can focus on a Bully. Did he forget to take his Metoprolol...baby asprin? Hope he gets in rhythm quickly.

he used to be on metoprolol but now he's on sotalol. he takes baby aspirin too. His dr just upped his quinapril so that should help his b/p (HAHA i almost wrote b/o LOL). he may need surgery to correct his heart going out of rhythm. its called an Ablation. He's not thrilled. Don't blame him.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
...he may need surgery to correct his heart going out of rhythm. its called an Ablation. He's not thrilled. Don't blame him.
My brother has Afib and he was cardioverted once...worked for a while but eventually returned. Sister was ablated and it worked and she's stable now.
Brother is convinced that weight, caffeine, alcohol, and stress are all contributing factors...not that he "over-indulges" in any of the aforementioned, but he's thinks that if he quit all, he'd probably be OK.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
he used to be on metoprolol but now he's on sotalol. he takes baby aspirin too. His dr just upped his quinapril so that should help his b/p (HAHA i almost wrote b/o LOL). he may need surgery to correct his heart going out of rhythm. its called an Ablation. He's not thrilled. Don't blame him.

My husband had that trouble for years-took meds to control his heart. Eventually meds quit working. He was the first person in Tn. to have an Ablation.
It worked wonderfully for him! He only had to take one blood pressure pill afterwards/not all the meds he was on for years. No worries, now that procedure is well known.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] Your brother is probably right. I'm glad that your sister's ablation was a success. Is your brother considering it also? My husband was cardioverted also. Fun times. :unsure:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.