Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hubby had to go to the hosp this morning so...

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: hubby had to go to the hosp this morning so...

Quote Originally Posted by megdav View Post
    ...he may need surgery to correct his heart going out of rhythm. its called an Ablation. He's not thrilled. Don't blame him.
    My brother has Afib and he was cardioverted once...worked for a while but eventually returned. Sister was ablated and it worked and she's stable now.
    Brother is convinced that weight, caffeine, alcohol, and stress are all contributing factors...not that he "over-indulges" in any of the aforementioned, but he's thinks that if he quit all, he'd probably be OK.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

2. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by megdav View Post
    he used to be on metoprolol but now he's on sotalol. he takes baby aspirin too. His dr just upped his quinapril so that should help his b/p (HAHA i almost wrote b/o LOL). he may need surgery to correct his heart going out of rhythm. its called an Ablation. He's not thrilled. Don't blame him.
    My husband had that trouble for years-took meds to control his heart. Eventually meds quit working. He was the first person in Tn. to have an Ablation.
    It worked wonderfully for him! He only had to take one blood pressure pill afterwards/not all the meds he was on for years. No worries, now that procedure is well known.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

4. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

@oscarmayer Your brother is probably right. I'm glad that your sister's ablation was a success. Is your brother considering it also? My husband was cardioverted also. Fun times.

Real Name
    Meg
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    My husband had that trouble for years-took meds to control his heart. Eventually meds quit working. He was the first person in Tn. to have an Ablation.
    It worked wonderfully for him! He only had to take one blood pressure pill afterwards/not all the meds he was on for years. No worries, now that procedure is well known.
    That's great! and wow the first person...that must've been a little scary for him (and you). my husband would love to be off a bunch of pills he's on.

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, Kash, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Nah, brother's cardiologist indists he's not a candidate because the AFib is not life threatening and he's adapted to it quite well. If he were always short of breath or had periods of quivering heart he would likely need ablation. Right now he's living with it.
    I guess most cases are weighed risk to reward. Ablations are considered routine nowadays but most require opening of the chest as far as I know. I hope I never need it.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads