HELP!!!!! Rash on my new puppy

Nellics

Oct 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maj'or
I notice this rash on my new 10week old puppy today. I recently took him to the vet on Monday and the rash wasn't present. I've been introducing FROMM puppy gold chiot since he arrived on Saturday, but like I said before he went to the vet on Monday and no rash. I did bathe him with a shampoo the vet recommended. He seem fine and hasn't skipped a beat but I'm concerned! Any help would be greatful.
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0768.PNG
IMG_0770.JPG

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
well you have introduced two things new to your puppy, it looks like its got a possible allergy to one or the other -- or it might be something else. The 1st I would do is go back to his original food -- and see if it clears up. Shampoo shouldnt last too long -- and a bath without shampoo might help. In the mean time, you might want to give him some benedryl -- 1 pill (25mg) is good for a 25lb dog -- so you will probably have to cut it in half. ****BUT ! ! ! CONSULT YOUR VET PRIOR ! ! ! DONT JUST GO BY OUR ADVICE WITH A PUPPY THAT YOUNG****

OP
Nellics

Nellics

Oct 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maj'or
Ok thx... oh yea I did put some carpet fresh down also.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Don't even use that carper fresh! That is probably why he has the rash! [MENTION=16398]Nellics[/MENTION]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Ok thx... oh yea I did put some carpet fresh down also.

My Tyson always reacted to carpet powder - had to stop using it. I'd say give him a good bath, wash any bedding or blankets and re-vacuum the floors with nothing. It should hopefully clear up in a few days since he's so young I don't know about administering oral Benadryl but you could try the Benadryl cream just for topical relief ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well there's your 99.99% answer. Carpet fresh. Well that was a fast answer. Wash da carpet time! And yes I wouldn't use benadryl but the cream for now. He's just a cutie pie little fart. Or ask your vet for sure.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Yep. Carpet Fresh is not good for the pups. TyTysmom is spot on.

OP
Nellics

Nellics

Oct 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maj'or
Thank you everyone for the helpful advice....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes I agree it was the carpet fresh, also don't use Febreeze... my bully Bella had a reaction to that as well. Just use plain baking soda to get smells out of the carpet...

bsmith3

Apr 20, 2015
colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubbles
I notice this rash on my new 10week old puppy today. I recently took him to the vet on Monday and the rash wasn't present. I've been introducing FROMM puppy gold chiot since he arrived on Saturday, but like I said before he went to the vet on Monday and no rash. I did bathe him with a shampoo the vet recommended. He seem fine and hasn't skipped a beat but I'm concerned! Any help would be greatful.
View attachment 101897
View attachment 101898
View attachment 101899

When we got our eb puppy he had this same rash but a little worse and they gave him a low dose shot of steroids and instructed me to give him benadryl and to make sure to keep the area dry and clean...it cleared up in a few days. Rashes on puppies in new homes is pretty common since there may or may not be irritants in the new environment they aren't used to and are having a reaction to. I would clean everything,vacuum the rug,clean hardwood or tile floors with a non harsh cleanser (we use bona) and try not to use harsh chemicals when cleaning. Other than that keep on eye on it and if it gets worse being him back in to the vet. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 101897
View attachment 101898
View attachment 101899

how is he doing? I agree with the gang,seems to be a contact rash

OP
Nellics

Nellics

Oct 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maj'or
Well Maj'or went to the vet today. Vet said i was directed well and he felt bad for charging me... He said the children Benadryl pill and ointment was the right things to do. I cleaned the carpets and all bedding. He's doing BETTER!!!! Rash has cleared up greatly. Thanks EB family for the advice we really appreciate it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well Maj'or went to the vet today. Vet said i was directed well and he felt bad for charging me... He said the children Benadryl pill and ointment was the right things to do. I cleaned the carpets and all bedding. He's doing BETTER!!!! Rash has cleared up greatly. Thanks EB family for the advice we really appreciate it.

Good to hear he is better!!

BTW.. as reference... not children's Benedyl-- use adult version and 1mg per pound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Well first things first... THANK YOU for the Update -- so many times someone posts an issue, and then we never hear how it turned out. I'm glad you consulted your Vet (even though I knew we were probably pretty accurate -- :) but better safe than sorry with a pup that young)

Carpet Fresh... Yup... your puppies little belly rubs on it, he lays in it. Sniffs it..and maybe even licks it. . . Light Bulb just went off eh?

I'm glad he's better :) keep on posting please... and pictures are always nice :)

Rick

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.