Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky has recently started peeing just a tiny bit when I leave the room or during the night in the house which he hasn't done in close to a year. He also sniffs and pee frequently while we are on potty walks and before he would just pee two time while on a walk but now its one big and 5-6 small ones. Do you think he has a UTI or just starting to mark now that he is older? He also started pushing furniture around the house which is somewhat entertaining but frustrating at times. :sneaky2:

The peeing started after last weeks visit to the vet and furniture moving this weekend

I also just started back to work after being off for most of the year so I have-not been around all day with him either. He doesnt pee in his room which is where I leave him while I am gone but he does in the living room next to the chair I always sit in.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He's moving furnitures cause its in his way to mark his territory. :p

Ok joking aside. It wouldn't hurt to have him check to rule out infection. I use to have a dog going outside pee little bits here and there to mark. I would have him check just in case. If he does have uti, start giving him cranberries supplement, acv in his drinking water. Prevention always good.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He's moving furnitures cause its in his way to mark his territory. :p

Ok joking aside. It wouldn't hurt to have him check to rule out infection. I use to have a dog going outside pee little bits here and there to mark. I would have him check just in case. If he does have uti, start giving him cranberries supplement, acv in his drinking water. Prevention always good.

I give him ACV with his food every morning but it could still be a UTI. I have been giving him ice all weekend and figure he is just being a bully this weekend or just now started marking. There are a lot of deer around here and I guess they are in close to the mating season so I thought he was possibly covering their scent with his but that doesn't explain why he pees when I leave the room unless he is doing it to punish me for working and not being in the room with him. He is going back to his room at night until he stops peeing in the house. I have been letting him sleep in the living room at night since he is stuck in his room when I am gone and the neighbor doesnt have him at his house.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree, check for a UYI, but could just be marking.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... rule out the UTI, but lots of changes in his routine (furniture and your schedule). He may be off balance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Yep... rule out the UTI, but lots of changes in his routine (furniture and your schedule). He may be off balance

I will rule out the UTI and the furniture is his doing. I guess he really wants the ottoman in the kitchen and the chair in the middle of the living room. :facepalm2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You e been given great advice already, and I agree with others that it may be a UTI, and best to have it checked out, but it could also be the change in his routine since you are gone during the day. These guys are so sensitive and OCD, and any change in their schedule or routine can affect them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will rule out the UTI and the furniture is his doing. I guess he really wants the ottoman in the kitchen and the chair in the middle of the living room. :facepalm2:

:laugh: I mis-read that!! Guess he is rearranging since you changed your schedule , he is changing the decor

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Hey he's not charging you to move stuff. :)

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Chunky it seems like you guys have been through quite the ordeal since that trip to the vet! Hope he's feeling better soon

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
When we bought this house , we did not know if the previous owners had dogs ,
when my guys came in they were marking everywhere and it was due to there dog marking everywhere carpets walls ect ect was terrible . all the carpets had to be pulled as it got into the underlay and sub floor . was a real pain and costly !
just a thought oh btw we found nothing on the market to remove the previous owners pets marking that worked to remove the odour that my dogs could smell nothing so they had to be removed .

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness... Chunky has decided you have to stay home w/him!!! I agree w/the gang, I would have the UTI ruled out first...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'll hire Chunky as my interior designer ;)

Let us know what vet says about UTI.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I'll hire Chunky as my interior designer ;)

Let us know what vet says about UTI.

I am not sure you'd like the remodel he would do very much!! He is looking at everything from a lower level. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.