Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 17

Thread: I'm just going to leave this here....

  1. #1
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)
    1757

    Default I'm just going to leave this here....



    Do you see it?!? UGH!!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

    Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny


  2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #2
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,624
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2115

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    That would be Cherry Eye. My female Blossom developed Cherry Eye when she was 5 months old. I was able to massage it back in for a short while, but it kept popping out when she played or ran. I showed it to our vet and we opted to wait until she was 7 months old when had her spayed, so we could do both surgeries at once and put her under anesthetic once.
    She did really well with both surgeries, and her eye healed beautifully with a great result. Unfortunately a week after her surgeries the other eye popped out, and we had to do a second surgery a month later to repair the other eye. I used over the counter eye drops to keep the eye moist, because when the gland is exposed to the air, it can become dried out and irritated. You can wait a little bit to see if the other eye pops out, it is very common for the other eye to also develop cherry eye. How old is your baby?
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  4. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
  5. #3
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,500
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post


    Do you see it?!? UGH!!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wait? Didn't you already do surgery on both eyes???


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  6. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  7. #4
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)
    1757

    Default I'm just going to leave this here....

    No- just the left. The right decided to rear its nasty self a year later! My husband is about to have an anxiety attack! Lol- after what we just paid for Penny's TPLO, my daughter needs a tooth pulled and a spacer ($500) and now another cherry eye. At least with this one- I'm removing - not going to go through failed tacks again.
    We just need a few months for a buffer! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

    Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny


  8. Likes CCandMurray, helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
  9. #5
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member CCandMurray's Avatar
    Real Name
    Carolyn
    Country
    U.S.
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,624
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Murray
    Likes (Received)
    1543

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Corine and Lockjaw, Murray and I feel your pain
    Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    No- just the left. The right decided to rear its nasty self a year later! My husband is about to have an anxiety attack! Lol- after what we just paid for Penny's TPLO, my daughter needs a tooth pulled and a spacer ($500) and now another cherry eye. At least with this one- I'm removing - not going to go through failed tacks again.
    We just need a few months for a buffer! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
  11. #6
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)
    1757

    Default I'm just going to leave this here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    That would be Cherry Eye. My female Blossom developed Cherry Eye when she was 5 months old. I was able to massage it back in for a short while, but it kept popping out when she played or ran. I showed it to our vet and we opted to wait until she was 7 months old when had her spayed, so we could do both surgeries at once and put her under anesthetic once.
    She did really well with both surgeries, and her eye healed beautifully with a great result. Unfortunately a week after her surgeries the other eye popped out, and we had to do a second surgery a month later to repair the other eye. I used over the counter eye drops to keep the eye moist, because when the gland is exposed to the air, it can become dried out and irritated. You can wait a little bit to see if the other eye pops out, it is very common for the other eye to also develop cherry eye. How old is your baby?
    Oh yea- been there, done all that. Lol
    His left eye popped a year ago. We tacked it 2x's and both times failed, so we had it removed in March. Now just today, his right eye has popped out.
    He's right at 17 months and already neutered. I have to drop them off in the morning for Penny (his sister) to get her staples out from her TPLO surgery, and was just going to get him a bath. I guess I'll be adding an estimate to remove that bad boy too.
    I appreciate it though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

    Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny


  12. #7
    Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Ftse 100's Avatar
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Location
    Qld Australia
    Posts
    6,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1909

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Oh No, I would remove it too after what you went through before.

    I had never heard of Cherry eye before I got Ftse and seems lots of Bullies get them Ftse was just four months old when he got his and it tacked at five months lucky ours was a success.

  13. #8
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    4,905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)
    6125

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Geez poor thing. Me too...been there done the tack while spayed.

  14. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
  15. #9
    Pet Sitter Biscuitsmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    321
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)
    441

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Oh nooo!! Darn it! After all you went through with the other eye too. Makes me wonder why he is more prone to them because his sister doesn't have any right? I know when it rains it pours!

  16. #10
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)
    1757

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsmom View Post
    Oh nooo!! Darn it! After all you went through with the other eye too. Makes me wonder why he is more prone to them because his sister doesn't have any right? I know when it rains it pours!
    Oh I know! Nope Penny has no cherry eye issues (knock on wood). I massaged it back last night, and it's still in. I won't do anything until it won't go back in. It's just very frustrating!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

    Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny


  17. #11
    Pet Sitter Biscuitsmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Caitlin
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    321
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Biscuit
    Likes (Received)
    441

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Oh I know! Nope Penny has no cherry eye issues (knock on wood). I massaged it back last night, and it's still in. I won't do anything until it won't go back in. It's just very frustrating!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Prayers it stays put and that she never has them! Hopefully it was just a one time deal, you need a break!

  18. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
  19. #12
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,145
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)
    1757

    Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuitsmom View Post
    Prayers it stays put and that she never has them! Hopefully it was just a one time deal, you need a break!
    Thank you! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

    Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •