Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm just going to leave this here....

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'm just going to leave this here....

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Oh I know! Nope Penny has no cherry eye issues (knock on wood). I massaged it back last night, and it's still in. I won't do anything until it won't go back in. It's just very frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I noticed that when we play with Nyala with her tug a war rope and she's forcing all face muscles while grunting, her other eye, the 3rd eyelid (cherry eye) seems to surface. Like juuuuust a tad more red and puffy. No problem with any other toys but the ones she has control of by hanging onto them or pulling......errrrr we are done playing with those ones.

Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    KINGSTON
    Likes (Received)

@Corine Pesantes whether you decide to have it removed or tacked, I would have them test the other eye and have them both done at the same time. They can do the other eye whether it has popped out or not. My pup had both eyes tacked when he was 4 months old. Only one was popped out, but almost always the other one pops out at a later time. In most cases, you can wait as it doesn't bother them at all, it's more of an eyesore for us. This was not the case for us, there was no waiting or trying to massage it back it. It popped out with a vengeance. It was about 3x the size of your pups! And so not to compromise it, it had to be tacked asap.
    Both financially and health wise its best to have them done at the same time, if needed. Hope this helps!
    Your baby looks just as cute with it!

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by chitownbully View Post
    @Corine Pesantes whether you decide to have it removed or tacked, I would have them test the other eye and have them both done at the same time. They can do the other eye whether it has popped out or not. My pup had both eyes tacked when he was 4 months old. Only one was popped out, but almost always the other one pops out at a later time. In most cases, you can wait as it doesn't bother them at all, it's more of an eyesore for us. This was not the case for us, there was no waiting or trying to massage it back it. It popped out with a vengeance. It was about 3x the size of your pups! And so not to compromise it, it had to be tacked asap.
    Both financially and health wise its best to have them done at the same time, if needed. Hope this helps!
    Your baby looks just as cute with it!
    Thank you!
    Yea, we've already had the left side removed after 2 failed tacks. His left eye popped out last Oct. we waited until we neutered him in March to tack it. It failed after a week. We attempted to tack again in June - it failed after 4 weeks. And we just finally removed it in Aug.
    I wanted to originally wait a few months to see if the right side would pop and it never did, nor did it show signs that it might.
    This time it just came out of the blue. And just like yours/ his right.side was huge. Everywhere we went people made comments. And I just wanted to give them out whole history with that damn eye. Lol
    But for now, I'll keep massaging it in until it won't go in anymore and then I'll just have it removed.

"Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I noticed that when we play with Nyala with her tug a war rope and she's forcing all face muscles while grunting, her other eye, the 3rd eyelid (cherry eye) seems to surface. Like juuuuust a tad more red and puffy. No problem with any other toys but the ones she has control of by hanging onto them or pulling......errrrr we are done playing with those ones.
    Yes! Same thing with Lockjaw. He always chewed on his left side and we noticed that's when it would pop out. Now, he's chewing on his right and hats when it starts playing peek a boo. And He's such a strong chewer. Ugh!

"Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

OH NO!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads