Anyone seen anything like this?

Anthony2431

Jun 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Scully
My big bully has been struggling with his ears for a few days and today we noticed this bump type scabby thing on his ear. I already made an appointment for Saturday to get this checked out. He has been scratching his ears a lot so I'm hoping it's just a cut that's scabbed up. It doesn't seem to be bothering him otherwise.

Attachments

• IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    584.3 KB · Views: 86

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor had something looking very much lika that a year ago on his chest. We took him to the vet who shaved the area and said it looked like some kind of tumour (which I take it is a neutral term for growths). Castor scratched a few times so it bled but it then healed up pretty quickly and hasn't come back. When it healed the growth disappeared altogether and I don't know what it was.

OP
Anthony2431

Anthony2431

Jun 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Scully
I haven't actually seen it in person yet my fiancé sent it to me and I wanted to get an idea to put my mind at ease a bit. She said it seems like it's going to come off easily and she thinks it's just a scab. I hope that's what it is.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Tough to tell in photo but the fur is growing through it so I don't think it is a scab. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Anthony2431

Anthony2431

Jun 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Scully
Tough to tell in photo but the fur is growing through it so I don't think it is a scab. Keep us posted

thats actually what I was thinking too because the hair. Growing out of it. I'll keep you updated when we go to the vet Saturday.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Ah, now I see that. Castor didn't have fur growing through like that but otherwise it looked very similar. One cm in diameter and raised.

Good luck at the vet's - please keep us posted.

OP
Anthony2431

Anthony2431

Jun 10, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Scully
So we just got back from the Vet. He said it's definitely a mass but it doesn't mean it's a bad mass he categorized it as a scab lesion due to its scab like appearance. He believes it will go away on its own, so for now we're just on a watch and wait period. He mentioned he could pull it off right now but it would bleed out so he said if he's right and it's a scab lesion it'll fall out on its own. He wasn't too concerned about it right now. I asked about the hair and he said it could still be a lesion that grew around it. He does have an ear infection in both ears so he believes that the scratching caused it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So we just got back from the Vet. He said it's definitely a mass but it doesn't mean it's a bad mass he categorized it as a scab lesion due to its scab like appearance. He believes it will go away on its own, so for now we're just on a watch and wait period. He mentioned he could pull it off right now but it would bleed out so he said if he's right and it's a scab lesion it'll fall out on its own. He wasn't too concerned about it right now. I asked about the hair and he said it could still be a lesion that grew around it. He does have an ear infection in both ears so he believes that the scratching caused it.

Watch it and make sure if he rips it off you have corn starch nearby to help stop the bleeding-- glad it is nothing major

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.