Getting our second puppy!

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hello! I currently have a 1 1/2 year old male EB. We have decided to get him a sibling so he doesn't spend his week days all alone while we are at work. Timing worked in our favour and his dog mom is having puppies again! We are hoping for another male. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for bringing home another one? Our boy is playful with other dogs, and is very laid back when we are at home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congratulations! I'm on my phone but when I get to a computer I'll find a thread that has lots of info for you to take in.

Gender is based on your leadership... opposites tend to get along better BUT any two can get along if the human leadership is strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Make sure Diesel get the same amount of attention he is used to. I always told mine to "take it easy,it's a baby dog". When puppy gets too wild,you need a pen with a crate in it! Both will need a break!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Being a young puppy, you probably wont have an issue, in the beginning for introductions. They seem to sense 'Baby' now as they get older -- they get very mouthy (as I call it) wrestling with their mouths open. (Matter of Fact Gizmo and Hershey were getting mouthy when I got up out of the easy chair and all of a sudden was stricken with Transverse Mylites -- not their fault -- just one of those things) Keep an eye out for Food or Toy aggression -- need to nip that in the bud EARLY. The puppy WILL Learn from the older dog (this could be good, or this could be bad! LOL) we found it VERY easy to house break Hershey, because Gizmo just showed him the way :)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online