Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He is now sick to his stomach and refused his food tonight. I fasted him since after feeding him last night and the still had the runs this morning and at noon when the neighbor walked him. He refused his Orijen Six Fish dog food but ate some pure pumpkin and one hamburger patty but didn't have enough in him to poop again. I will feed him more bland food for a few days if need be but should I worry about him not eating the dog food anymore? He was doing great on it before getting his yearly shots.

CCandMurray

Sep 16, 2015
NY
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Murray
Poor Chunky :( no experience with this but I would call the vet in the am and ask them about it

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Poor Chunky :( no experience with this but I would call the vet in the am and ask them about it

If i didn't have to be at work at 630 I would. Luckily he has held down the pumpkin and hamburger and I will see if he eats in the morning. I will probably give him less dog food than normal and pumpkin again which he hasn't had for a while now. When I was first trying to figure out what foods bothered him I eliminated the pumpkin and never added it back. It was a lot easier when I didn't work but my neighbor takes him out daily and I wouldnt be surprised if Chunky isn't at his house for a good part of the day when he doesn't have anything going on. I am not sure I would have as many friends in the neighborhood if I didn't have Chunky.

If he doesn't eat in the morning or is still sick I will call my mother or someone and have them talk to the vet since I can't miss work since i am still on my 90 day probation period

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dont know one dog that didn't like anything orijen makes. They usually gobble it up :) if your dogs has no allergies, why dont you buy a small bag of another flavour of orijen. Stick to the same brand so its not a big transition. Careful with just the fish as orijen is extremely rich. :)

Sometimes after shots they aren't all themselves. He's eating a bit so that's still good. I know when my GS had the runs I would give him imodium. It stopped his runs on one dose (115lb dose) BUT...you make sure you ask your vet first!!! And if your vet offers their RC dint switch.

BTW did you ask if your neighbour feeds him and not telling you like snack etc? Just a thought :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor boy, hope he feels better soon. If he is a little better tomorrow, mix in his kibble with the bland food, and slowly add more kibble as you go, as long as his tummy allows it, until you are back on his kibble 100%.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Dont know one dog that didn't like anything orijen makes. They usually gobble it up :) if your dogs has no allergies, why dont you buy a small bag of another flavour of orijen. Stick to the same brand so its not a big transition. Careful with just the fish as orijen is extremely rich. :)

Sometimes after shots they aren't all themselves. He's eating a bit so that's still good. I know when my GS had the runs I would give him imodium. It stopped his runs on one dose (115lb dose) BUT...you make sure you ask your vet first!!! And if your vet offers their RC dint switch.

BTW did you ask if your neighbour feeds him and not telling you like snack etc? Just a thought :)

We already tried the RC when I first got him and the local animal shelter was happy to take the rest of the bag after it making him sick. The neighbor doesn't feed him but I am not sure about his wife when she takes Chunky out which doesn't happen much since she works also. The neighbor is retired and his wife refuses too even though they don't need the money. I talked to them both about Chunky only eating dog food and I hope Chunky gets back to eating the Orijen since he has shed less and his poops were the back to where they were when he was on Orijen puppy. On Fromm he shed like crazy and the Acana I had him on became hard to find.

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Poor boy, hope he feels better soon. If he is a little better tomorrow, mix in his kibble with the bland food, and slowly add more kibble as you go, as long as his tummy allows it, until you are back on his kibble 100%.

I will try that in the morning and see how he does. He is acting fine since he ate the pumpkin and hamburger meat so hopefully he will get back to normal

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I fed him about 3/4 of the normal amount of Orijen he normally eats this morning along with the pumpkin and he ate it and what followed was a more normal poop. Hopefully he is getting back to normal and I wont have to take him back to the vet now :whew:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It's not so uncommon that a dog has post-shot upset stomach. It's nothing to be overly concerned about. They always come around within a couple of days.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
It is normal for some to have a little upset after shots. Did he get a rabies shot? I am glad to see he is slowly getting back to normal. Kisses Chunky!

Biscuitsmom

Mar 14, 2016
Richmond VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Biscuit
Awww poor boy! I agree it is probably just from the shots and he should return to normal soon! We take Biscuit today for her checkup.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hope it was only from the shots, and he's better now. Poor Chunky, shots are for the birds!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh NO... I agree that shots sometimes upsets their stomach's for a few days. I hope that Chunky feels better soon!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I fed him about 3/4 of the normal amount of Orijen he normally eats this morning along with the pumpkin and he ate it and what followed was a more normal poop. Hopefully he is getting back to normal and I wont have to take him back to the vet now :whew:

how did he do the rest of the day? As others have said, it can be normal for this to happen with shots

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
He seems like he is back to normal now and ate the normal amount of Orijen food this afternoon without any issues. The neighbor said he played for 45 minutes or so in his backyard like he normally does so thats good and also answers my question of how long they normally keep him out.

Thanks for all the replies and wishes well. I was just getting more nervous when he refused his dog food lastnight and he's had done well since.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.